Rivalry

So, you all know what happens in the remainder of the episode. So skip ahead, because I'm evil. This part is set during the end on blindsided while Hiccup and Astrid are outside the stables.

***

"Hey, are you okay?" Nuff checked as he ventured into Astrid's hut to find his sister.

"Yeah, I'm okay." She assured, rubbing her hand to make sure it was still there and wasn't gonna disappear anytime soon. "That was a little too close."

"Yeah, the quicker we can get out of here, the better." He noted. "You need to get started on that device as soon as possible." Zephyr looked away nervously.

"What if... What if we didn't go back? At least for a little while." She suggested, hesitantly.

"Zeph, what are you talking about?"

"I like it here." She sighed. "Our first night, Mom and I were talking and training and, it was the most fun I've had in years."

"Look, I won't deny that flying around with dad hasn't been fun. But, we can't stay here. Mom and Dad... Our Mom and Dad are gonna be worried sick about us. We need to make that device, get home, and then destroy it." He explained. "Okay?"

"That's easy for you to say. You get to fly around all day, training Dragons and pulling pranks with Uncle Tuff. Just for once, I want to have some fun, without all the to-do lists and Chief training getting in the way. I'm so sick of being the responsible one!" She hissed. She took out her notebook and tore out the blueprint for her father's device, slapping the parchment into her brother's chest. He was a little shocked. Her journal meant everything to her and they had never fallen out like this before. "If you wanna go home, then be my guest. I'm staying." She tossed her satchel onto her bed, scooped up her dagger, and hopped onto her dragon, taking to the skies.

***

She returned a few hours later, under cover of darkness.

"There you are." Astrid greeted.

"Yeah, sorry. I just needed to clear my head." Zeph explained, tucking her, now broken, blade into her satchel, before sitting on her bed and quickly changing the subject. "You look awfully chipper. Is there something I should know?" She smirked.

"Just happy to see again.' The blonde fibbed. "Been a crazy day."

"So, why are you blushing?" Zephyr giggled.

"I'm not blushing!" She defended.

"It happened, didn't it?" The younger girl thought. "You and Hiccup."

"Shh!" Astrid warned. "How do you do that?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you. So, spill it. You kissed right? Was it perfect?"

"It's not the first time I kissed him, you know?" Zeph just glared at her. "Okay, it was pretty perfect."

"I knew it!"

You see, as a child, Zephyr had always been grossed out by her parent's love story, but she had grown up to be quite the hopeless romantic, and her parent's love was a truly beautiful story.

"Shh!" Astrid warned. "You can not tell anyone!"

"My lips are sealed."

***

"Morning, Milady." Hiccup smiled as Astrid ventured into the clubhouse. "Finished your flight already?" He placed a gentle kiss on her temple.

"Yup." She told him as Zeph entered with her dragon. Hiccup quickly backed away. "Relax, Hiccup. She knows."