Chapter 55

[Draco]

Draco sat with Harry at his dining table. They ate his heated frozen muggle food since Harry was too busy to cook. Draco watched Harry chew on his food as he idly transfigured his high-quality footstool into a pair of boxers, then back to a footstool, back to boxers, back to footstool.

"Harry, if my hundred-Galleon, goose-feather footstool stays as a pair of dirty boxers forever, I'm going to sue you."

Harry flashed him a winning grin before transfiguring it into a pair of boxers again. "I'm practicing," he chirped.

"Why boxers, of all holy and pure things in the world?"

Harry laughed. "I don't know, just think it would be funny." Back to footstool. Back to boxers.

Draco rolled his eyes. "And doing it while we're eating. I never know what's going on in that little brain of yours." He gave him a swift cheek kiss and resumed on his broccoli and cheese macaroni.

Back to footstool. Back to boxers. He had to laugh.

"Harry, do you think you can have a Sunday off?"

"You mean like no study? I guess I can move some stuff around," he said. "Why?"

"Well... I was thinking, you know, during Easter, we could go... visit my mother."

Harry stopped for a moment. His footstool remained as a pair of stray boxers laying on the floor.

"The Sunday two weeks later?"

"Yeah. It will be the day after our six-month anniversary."

Harry smiled. "Oh yeah... six months," he mused, beaming. He transfigured the boxers back to a footstool and chewed on his lip.

"Does she hate me?"

"Salazar, no! You saved my bloody life; she couldn't thank you enough for it."

"But I kind of insulted... both of you... to your faces. Merlin," Harry sighed.

Draco couldn't resist rolling his eyes. "You think she's going to be hung up on that? It's 2001, Harry."

"Yeah, I know," Harry smiled. "But still. I did kind of refer to you as dung and she as the person smelling it."

Draco laughed. "We both said some stuff, too. It's no big deal."

Harry transfigured the footstool back to boxers.

"Alright, it's set then. I'm meeting your mum," Harry grinned and kissed him.

"She would prefer afternoon tea and dinner. I'll owl her."

Back to footstool. "Is she at the Manor?"

"Merlin, no. She moved out. The Manor's pretty much deserted by now, I guess."

"Really? Why?"

"Yes, she would love to live in the same place Voldemort had lived in for a year and had held you and a bunch of other people hostage," he replied sarcastically.

"Oh. Where does she live now, then?"

"She's actually not far from The Burrow, but not many people know she lives there. She usually just apparates or floos everywhere, not wanting to be seen. Since, you know, it's a pretty much all-wizard village, not like us now living in half-muggle neighborhoods."

"Does she like it there?"

"Yeah. Mum says it's a refreshing change after the Manor."

Back to boxers. "Anything I should know before we visit?"

Draco eyed the pair of boxers. "Don't turn any piece of furniture into boxers. I swear, she'll flip out."

Harry laughed and gave him a wink. "Sure thing, love."

Back to footstool- with a boxer pantleg.

"Whoops," said Harry.