Chapter 59

[Harry]

"Mmm, stay," Draco said on a Friday night, grabbing onto Harry's wrist.

"Sorry, love, I have to get home, you know I've got Teddy tomorrow."

Draco pouted and sat up from his couch which they were cuddling on.

"I barely see you on Saturdays," he complained.

Harry's hand zipping up his coat stilled. "Why not come over tomorrow?" he asked, after a moment of silence.

"But... you've got Teddy."

"You can meet him!" Harry said enthusiastically. "Do you want to meet him?"

Draco's heart fluttered. "Of course I would like to meet him." He leaned down to give him a cute little kiss. "He's your godson and my- er- nephew? Wait, that's not right-"

"Try second cousin. You're his first cousin once removed."

"Nephew sounds much less sophisticated."

"It does, doesn't it?" Harry grinned, pecking his cheek. "You're finally meeting Teddy."

Draco had to admit, he tossed and turned for a bit last night. He never slept well on Friday nights. That was the only night in the week he wouldn't be curled up next to Harry in Harry's bed because he got Teddy the next day. But this night, more than that was keeping him up.

Teddy was just a toddler, he had to keep reminding himself that. He wouldn't hate me. But... at least for now. What if later he grew up and blamed him for his parents' death?

He had just turned three years old, according to Harry. It would be fine, he soothed himself. He tried to keep thinking that until he drifted off to an uneasy and light sleep.

---

"Hey, love," Harry said as Draco rolled out of his fireplace. "Teddy's not here yet, Meda would be dropping him off at ten."

"Does she know we're dating?"

Harry chuckled. "Yes. I also owled her earlier that you will be meeting him today, and that she might be meeting you, too."

"What did she say?"

"She couldn't be more overjoyed; she would definitely love to meet you. Meda also mentioned your mother, she would like to see her sometime, too."

Draco chewed on his lip. "I've never seen her."

"Understandable," Harry commented. "She's lovely. You'll like her."

"I hope she doesn't hate me," he said.

"Hey, it's the prejudices that kicked her out, not you. Also, she didn't really mind anyway," Harry reassured him.

"Alright. Do I smell breakfast?"

"Did you have any before coming here?"

"What am I, stupid?"

Harry laughed as he summoned two plates of golden and buttery-looking scones.

"Oh, Merlin," Draco babbled thickly as he bit into one. "This is so worth ignoring my rumbling stomach for two hours."

Harry looked very pleased by his praise.

"Hang on, this tastes familiar," Draco said as he bit into a second one. "Is this my mum's?"

Harry winked. "I pried off a few recipes from Nitty," he said happily. "I actually revised it a bit, making it a bit more Auror-trainee-friendly, a.k.a. easier."