Chapter 70

[Harry]

"Love? Dinner's ready!" Harry called from the dining table.

"In a minute sweetum!" was Draco's voice coming from their bedroom.

Ten minutes later, Harry knocked on their bedroom door.

"Love? Are you alright?"

He opened the door and saw Draco rolling up a piece of parchment.

"You've been writing to your mother an awful lot lately, is she alright?"

Draco smiled. "Actually... I've got some exciting news."

Harry sat down on the bed beside Draco's bedside table. "What is it?"

Draco held his hand. "I... got a job. Kind of."

"That's great!" Harry exclaimed, hugging his boyfriend. "Wait, what do you mean, kind of?"

"Well, you remember the whole-page advertisement in The Quibbler when we came out?"

"Yeah..."

"That's actually mine. Talk to Parker. I didn't want to say anything until it was something... well, let's just say business has been pretty good these days. Luna didn't charge me for the ad because our news got them reprinting, like, ten times."

"That was you? The mail chatting service?"

"Yeah. I realized how much you've changed me for the good since our relationship, and I want to do that to others, too... to talk to them about their problems or just plain chatting, you know? Anyone that wants to talk can simply write and enclose five Sickles in the letter- then I'll write back. I go to the post office every day when you're at work."

"Love... that's wonderful! I'm so proud of you," Harry said and hugged him tightly.

"Thanks, sweet. I'm glad that you like it."

"That's a great thing to do to the world, you know that? Helping others. I love you so much."

Draco smiled and kissed Harry in the hair. "Actually, I've got some more news."

Harry pulled back. "More? How much have you've been hiding from me lately? I'm starting to get offended," he said with a pout.

"No, come on, don't pout! Really, this I just did yesterday."

"Fine." Harry broke into a tiny grin and kissed his chin. "What?"

"I got all of the ointment combinations I ever invented patented. All of the money goes straight to St. Mungo's."

"You're just full of splendid surprises, aren't you, love?" Harry kissed him. "I love that you're doing this. This is so great!"

"I know, right?" Draco was giddy. He rarely was and Harry loved it.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, love."

"Why Parker? Of all the fake names, I mean," Harry said, poking Draco's ribs.

"Well... that's where all of this started, isn't it? At the park. And I wouldn't trade the world for it." He kissed his hair again.

"That's so romantic," Harry whispered.

"Nuh-uh. Classy," Draco shook a finger at him.

"Don't deny it. You're just as much as a sappy romantic as I am!" Harry sang.

"Malfoys are not romantics!" Draco roared behind him, chasing Harry as he slid down the stairs.