Elizabeth's POV

Crap
TRIGGER Warning ⚠️ ⚠️

I'm 10 minutes late getting home, I just had to volunteer with helping my teacher move new books into the classroom. Daniel is going to give me the worst punishment and I'm still recovering from the last one he gave me. 

My ribs have now turned into a yellow, purple-ish, blue color from him pushing me down the stairs and then kicking me in the stomach until I passed out from the pain. It was my fault though, I wasn't home on time to make him and Sierra dinner. I know you're probably wondering 'Elizabeth why do you call your mom by her maiden name' well it's because she lost the title of mom when she started getting drunk and hitting me.

My yellow torn down house came to view and I couldn't help but think what punishment I was going to get today.

The cold metal doorknob comforted my sweaty hand, my breathing picked up at the thought of my punishment and before I could turn the doorknob the door flung open and a rough hand gripped my hair pulling me inside causing me to close my eyes and scream in pain.

When I gained enough courage to open my eyes there stood a very angry Daniel. 

"WHERE WERE YOU? SCHOOL ENDED 10 MINUTES AGO, REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME YOU WERE LATE?" he screamed causing me to flinch from the loud noise and the rough hand tangled in my hair. 

"I'm sorry sir, the teacher asked me to help her move books into her classroom." I said, which made him grow even angrier.

"DON'T LIE TO ME Bi***, YOU WERE PROBABLY WH***** AROUND." he yelled while pushing me down to the ground and kicking me in my already bruised, most likely broken ribs. I knew that if I cried out in pain that it would only encourage him, so I dug my sharp nails into my palm leaving moon-like shapes.

After he kicked me in my ribs for what seemed like hours but was only a few minutes. He gripped onto my hair and told me to go make him dinner and then he left to go sit on the couch. 

End of TW

I limped to the kitchen to go make him and Sierra dinner. Pain coursed through my body making it hard to breathe, but I was thankful that he didn't do that to me. I would take any beating over that.

Once I was done making dinner and cleaning up any evidence of my punishment I limped up the stairs to go to my room which consists of a small blanket and a chair.

I don't get to eat dinner tonight so I just decided to shower and go to bed. 

My last thought before drifting into the darkness was 'Am I ever going to live a normal life'.

Author's note

Let me know what you think. This is my first ever book so I apologize if it's not very good I promise the chapters will get better once I get the hang of things.