Marcel's POV:

A/n- The detectives' attorney is named Melissa Hanley, and Sierra and Daniel's attorney is named Erin Manny.

Family can mean many things to a person. It can mean sacrifice and love or it can just mean another burden attached to you for all eternity. It means both for me, don't get me wrong I love my brothers and Liz, but my father and my mother suck.

When my dad died he left puzzles for us to solve along with plenty of messes for us to fix. We're still trying to clean up his messes and sierra well... she's just a walking mess. It's funny how our parents are forced to clean up our messes when we're little but when we're all grown up it's the total opposite, what kind up messed up irony is that?

The lawyer Enzo hired called us into the courtroom since the second part of the trial was starting. Ms. Garcia said we would likely have to testify on Liz's behalf because we were the ones to find out about the abuse but Liz still has to finish her testimony before we're called on the stand.

"All rise for Judge Martin," A police officer said, everybody rose until the judge ordered us to sit down. I'm surprised Enzo listened to an order made by anyone but our father but even he's not dumb enough to disobey a judge in their courtroom.

" Counselor Hanley, who do you call to testify?" The Judge asked, Elizabeth was allowed to sit with us until she was called up to testify so she sat next to me.

"Your Honor, I would like to call Elizabeth Russo to the stand please." Liz stood up and made her way to the stand, her expressions were blank and her figure never trembled as she sat down in front of all of us. I could see Daniel and Sierra looking at her, I was daring them to try anything as I carefully kept an eye on them, my brothers were doing the same. They were all ready to jump up and protect Liz if needed and so was I.

"Miss. Elizabeth Russo, at what age did the abuse start?" I didn't think the lawyer would rip off the band-aid that fast, and Liz's expression told me she didn't expect it either. Daniel's expression faltered and a mix of fear and anger took over his features, the same goes for sierra.

" I was eight when the abuse started, so it's been going on for 6 years now." My little sister said, each word caused both Sierra and Daniel to get even angrier. The courtroom was silent as the attention was all on Liz.

" I see and just for the record, who exactly abused you, Miss. Russo?" Liz's expression grew cold and she stared Daniel in the eye as if she was challenging him to do something. At this very moment I felt so proud of my little sister, she wasn't going to let them control her anymore, you could see it in her face.

" Daniel and Sierra did." Her eyes were still on a now furious Daniel.

" You're own mother and father abused you?" Liz flinched when the lawyer called them her mom and dad, but she regained her composure. I didn't see why the attorney felt the need to repeat the fact that Liz was abused.

" Yes ma'am."

Ms. Hanley seemed too excited when Liz said yes, I want the new lawyer back this one irritates me.

" Right and correct me if I'm wrong Miss. Russo, but didn't Mr. and Mrs. Jones request a visit with you before the trial started?"

Don't go down this road Hanley.

It's better if only we knew about the guards being paid off and if everyone knows there'll be a federal or government investigation of this courthouse that will interfere with our investigation.

I looked at Enzo to see if he was thinking the same thing, and he gave me a nod which told me that he was. We all looked at Liz to find her looking back at us, it was as if she knew what we were thinking and it seemed like she was thinking the same thing.