Elizabeth's POV:

Trigger Warning: Gun Violence and disturbing content. Proceed with caution!!!

(A/N: Fair warning- this is not one of my best chapters and I don't like it at all, but you guys deserved an update so here it is.)

Enzo told me to get some sleep, but considering all of my brothers and people I care about are going on a dangerous mission because of me, sleep wasn't something I could do. Worrying seemed like a much better option until now...

The numbers on the screen blurred into one big mess, the timer I set for myself went off an hour ago and I haven't finished one assignment yet. I thought maybe it was just because Algebra sucks so I tried to learn science (which is my favorite class) but the measurements aren't making any sense, It doesn't help that Alfonso refuses to leave my side, Enzo gave him orders he doesn't want to disobey.

I thought moving to the kitchen island would motivate me but it's just causing my back to ache.

All of the factors above are what's causing a gigantic migraine to pierce through my thoughts, crowding my brain until it completely takes it over.

I tried once again to focus on the words and numbers in front of me but before I could focus even just a little bit, the computer was slammed shut, which wasn't loud at all but my zombie-like state could hear ants talking, so naturally, I jumped and turned towards the source of my fear. Alfonso Sanchez.

Anger started bubbling up inside me at the intrusion and frustrations of not seeing my brothers.

"Why would you do that? I was doing homework." I shouted, my voice came out rough since it's been a while since I've talked.

Sanchez was staring at me with a blank expression on his face, he seemed to be expecting this reaction.

"You've been stuck on the same lesson for more than an hour." His voice was devoid of only disinterest.

I'm good at hiding my emotions sometimes but Enzo and Alfonso are pros at it and it infuriates me because I can never tell what they're thinking or feeling.

"Well, maybe it's a hard lesson?" That sentence was supposed to be a statement but it was more of a question.

"It's basic measurements that I've seen you do before."

The kitchen counter suddenly seemed very interesting, with its intricate marble patterns and its polished glow, I wish my life didn't share such a confusing pattern. Get beat up. Skip Dinner. Have nightmares. Wake up in a world I don't want to be in. Get beat up again. Skip dinner a second time. Another nightmare. The cycle continues. One painful reality after the next. The only thing different about my reality is my brothers. There are still monsters and fear, my reality is still dark and painful.

I was snapped out of my depressing thoughts when an alarm went off, it was like one of those scenes in movies, where there's a red glow followed by a loud sound and it seems like it keeps getting louder as the scene outplays itself.

I didn't register exactly what this alarm meant since I was forcefully thrown over Alfonso's shoulder and quickly rushed into a secret room downstairs, Alfonso threw me on a couch in the room and started looking at the camera monitors in the room.

The room had thick leather walls and a heavy-duty door, it wasn't too big but it was big enough to fit at least 10 people. There wasn't much color except for the brown couch I was on and the colors coming from the monitors. It felt suffocating and cold.

"What's happening?" I questioned, the crack in my voice wasn't something I could hide, I was scared. Alfonso's eyes briefly left the screen to glance at me, I probably looked like a child by the way I was curled up on the couch.