Chapter one

(AN: short chapter)

Chapter 1 

JJ: 

I grab 2 beers from John B’s fridge and return to his couch and drink both of them. Quickly.

 So far, I’ve had like 5 or 6 beers and it's really helping with the pain. The rest of the group is at school and well, I'm not. Here's why.

 Yesterday I went to my dad’s house to grab some more clothes from my closet, and was on my way out when he stopped me. He asked me where I'd been, then he asked me where I was going. He was clearly drunk and i started to walk away while he was talking, and you guessed it, he got angry.

 Stupid reason to get angry, right? Anyway, he punched me in the gut, then again, and again, and kept going, till I kicked him, hard. That only made him angrier, so he tackled me to the ground and punched me twice, once on my cheek, and another on my jaw. He climbed off when he was done and walked away.

I slowly picked myself up off the floor and limped out of his house. I made it back to John B’s on foot at like 3:30 and everyone was already asleep. I fell asleep on the couch and slept for a good 4 hours before i was woken up by Kie. She tried to get me to go to school, but i told her I wasn't going, and they all left. 

So that's how i ended up here, drunk in the middle of the day on my best friend's couch. 

I lift my shirt up to check how bad it looks and it’s terrible, bruises everywhere, all over my ribs and hips and stomach. Looking at it brings the pain back, and I go grab another beer and return to the couch. 

Shortly after I hear the front door open and the group walks in. They all look at me.

“Drunk in the middle of the day? Really JJ?” Kie judges me. 

God I am so sick of her always fucking judging me. Like she’s never been drunk in the middle of the day. I get up and walk out the door, not in the mood for social interaction. I start walking away from the house when I hear the pope's voice. 

“What happened JJ?” he questions, and I roll my eyes. 

“What do you think happened?” I ask. And walk away, this time not stopping when he calls my name.

Pope: 

“Guys it's been 3 days. I'm getting worried.” I say to everybody. 

“He’ll come around. Stop worrying.”

5 days later

“I'm going by his dad's place. Maybe he went there.” 

“There's about a zero percent chance JJ went home. Last time we saw him he was beat pretty badly by his dad. But I have no idea where he went.” I say, in response to John B’s statement. 

“Fuck.” Kie says

“I know.” I say quietly. 

JJ: 

I've been crashing in this shitty motel room that i don't have to pay for because the lock’s broken. I've been avoiding my friends for over a week because they're annoying. Yes they're the only real family I have, and yes they care about me, but they're annoying. They always make a big deal when they find out my dad hit me again and it's not a big deal. I'm used to it. 

I open the door of the motel, and walk out. I start walking towards the gas station, stopping briefly to think about whether I should stop by John B’s to let them know I’m okay. I decide against it and continue walking towards the gas station. I finally arrive after what feels like hours of walking and go inside. I head towards the liquor aisle, grab a case of beer and a mini bottle of vodka and take it to the cashier. The cashier rings it up, i hand him my fake I.D and pay. I walk towards the door, then out it and as i'm standing in the parking lot I take out the vodka and take a swig of it. 

“JJ.” I hear Pope say, I turn around and look at him.

“Oh, hey.” I say, knowing it's an assholey thing to say. 

He walks over to me, stands there for a minute and shoves me back. 

“Asshole! We’ve been worried for 8 fucking days!” he yells, and suddenly i feel bad. 

“Yeah, I’m sorry.” I say quietly. 

“Where’ve you been?” he says, lowering his voice, thank God. I’m really hungover. 

“Around.” I say. I know, assholey again. 

He rolls his eyes and begins to walk away. 

“Wait.” I say and he turns around. “I've been at the motel. Staying in the one that doesn't lock.” 

“Oh. Are you okay?” 

“Yeah, fine.” I lie. “What’re you doin’ here?” I ask him. 

“Grabbing some drinks and shit for JB’s house. Come back with me. Everybody will be relieved.” I start shaking my head, but then he adds “please.” 

“Okay, fine.” I agree. 

He runs into the store to grab what he needs and I consider leaving, but I don't. The truth is I don't wanna go back because I feel like too much of an asshole to go back. But I know I have to. I can't keep them worrying anymore, because they’re my family.

*(pls lmk what yall think about this story, and if I should continue with it or not)*