chapter six

{AN: I don't know why chapter 5 keeps getting labeled as chapter 4, but I've fixed it and hopefully it'll stay that way. I feel like this story is kind of repetitive in a way, so I'm trying to break that cycle.

Also, am I moving too fast, too slow, or neither with the romance between JJ and Pope. Comment to LMK. Enjoy chapter 6 :).... }

-----

JJ: 

I'm in a really bad place with Kie right now. It sucks. 

"Seriously, JJ what's going on? She won't even look at you."

"Nothing. I don't know." 

"Uh-huh. Sure." He says, rolling his eyes. 

I laugh. 

Pope walks into the room, and I look up at him, then immediately look away. Yeah I'm in a pretty bad place with him too. 

I expected things to be awkward with him, but I don't know why he's mad at me. He sits down next to John B. 

Kie and Sarah are currently surfing without us because they wanted "girl time." Kie's probably just talking shit about me to Sarah. 

Pope won't even look at me. Ugh. 

"Well I'm gonna smoke a blunt, then go take the Pogue out on the water. Y'all coming?" I say. 

"Hell yeah. I'll get the cooler ready." 

He gets up and takes the cooler out, puts a shit ton of beers and ice in it, and closes it. 

I take the blunt out of my pocket and light it, then take 3 hits of it before passing it to Pope without looking at him. John B sits back down on the couch and takes it from Pope. 

Once we're on the boat I take a beer and take a drink. Oh my fucking God it's hot out here. 

Pope also takes a drink of his, as does John B. 

After about 25 minutes, my skin hurts it's so hot. I take my shirt off, there finally being no bruises or scars on my body. I catch Pope looking at me, then looks away once I look back. He doesn't even look mad, he just won't look at me. 

John B is standing on the edge of the boat and I sneak up behind him and push him into the water.

He makes a huge splash as he lands on the water. 

"DICK!" He yells at me. 

I laugh, "I know." 

Pope laughs from behind me. 

"Feels good though." He says. 

I stand on the edge of the boat and prepare myself to do a flip. I quickly flip off of the boat, landing in the semi cold water. 

"You coming Pope?" I yell to him up at the boat. 

He nods. He whips his shirt off and jumps in. 

After we're all cooled down we hop back into the boat. John B walks to the other side of the boat. 

"You mad?" I whisper. 

"No." 

"Then why won't you talk to me?" 

"Just haven't had anything to say." He says dryly. 

I roll my eyes as JB comes back to this side of the boat. 

Pope