Chapter three

*(AN I know that this story has been kinda boring and there haven't been many jjpope scenes yet, but trust me it will get better. Also this chapter is VERY short, sorry lol.)*

Math, the last class of the day. And it couldn’t go by any slower if it tried. I try listening to the teacher, but its so fucking boring, that I can’t. 

I start pointlessly drawing swirls on the paper that's supposed to be my algebra notes. 

“Mr. Maybank?” I hear Mr. Brown saying my name. 

“Uh, what?” I ask, confused. 

“I asked if this class was boring you, since you’re too busy drawing on your paper to take some notes.” he says, pointing at the swirls on my paper. 

I want to say “Yes this class is fucking boring me. It's algebra, do you expect me to be entertained?” but instead I say “No, sorry.” 

He rolls his eyes and walks away. This teacher, like most of them, hates me for obvious reasons.  

I look at Pope next to me, my only other friend in this class, and see him actually taking notes. OMG he’s such a nerd. Not gonna lie. It's cute. I smile quickly, then look away and boringly wait for the bell to ring. 

We all meet in the common area and start walking out to the Twinkie. Once we’re outside, I hear a half-familiar voice. 

“Hey Pogues.” Kelce says, and we all turn around. 

“The fuck you doing on the Cut, Kook?” John B says.

It’s the law of the land. The Kooks stay off the Cut, we stay off Figure Eight. 

“I’m just here to tell JJ that we ain’t gonna forget about what he did to Rafe. We’re gonna get our payback, Pogue.” He says looking at me. 

“Okay, I'll be waiting.” I say sarcastically, then we all walk away. 

“Fucking Kooks.” I mutter once we’re in the Twinkie. 

“Shut up, JJ. You’re the reason he was even here.” John B says.  

“John B always starts fights, and the one time I do it, y'all blame me like I killed someone.” I point out to everyone. 

“Yeah, because you beat him up for no reason.” Pope responds. 

“No, correction, he beat him up because he ‘felt like beating someone up.’” Kie says sarcastically. 

I roll my eyes. 

“I’m done talking about this. JB does it all the time, so I’m not taking this bullshit.” I say ending the conversation. 

I look over at Pope and he’s staring at me with a confused and sullen expression. Like he’s trying to figure me out. 

The rest of the day passes like usual, except me and Kie don’t say one word to each other, which I’m thankful for because I don’t feel like rejecting her. 

---

“JJ there’s someone at the door for you.” Sarah says, waking me up. 

I groan before sitting up on the couch, ruffling my hair, stretching, and standing up. I walk over to the door and look at the figure standing in front of me.  

What the actual fuck. 

“Mom.” Is the one word I say.