Chapter seven

Pope:

The night JJ finally made a move, I was ecstatic. Then it was ruined. Seeing him kissing Kie was terrible. I just don't get it.

Like whatever, kiss Kie and shit, but don't fucking make a move on me. Whatever, I'm over it.

The last school bell rings and I meet JB in the twinkie. JJ left early.

Once we get home, Kie's not there and JJ is sitting on the chair, clearly pissed off.

JJ:

"Wait, JJ!" Kie yells, coming out the front door and running over to me.

"Whatever, Kie. Not my business."

"I know, I know. It's bad."

"Bad? Worse than bad."

"Just let me explain." She pleads.

I'm trying really fucking hard to stay calm, but that all vanishes when he walks out the front door.

I walk up to him, and without hesitating, I punch him. Hard. He recoils, then punches me again, and again. Asshole.

"Guys, stop." Kie says.

He punches me again, and suddenly my ears start ringing and Kie yells at him to stop, but he doesn't. The ringing in the ears get louder.

"Rafe, fucking stop! Please!" She screams. And he climbs off of me, then gets in his car and drives away. Kie runs over to me. "Are you okay?"

I laugh.

Then get up and go inside. I sit down on the chair.

Kie doesn't come back inside. She probably left. I grab a cold beer from the fridge and place it on my cheek, trying to bring the swelling down. I'm gonna kill him.

It's wrong in so many ways. He is a drug addict, violent crazy person.

Pope and John B walk in, then stare at me with sudden confusion.

"The fuck happened to you?" JB asks.

"Nothing, Got in a little fight on my way home. No biggie." I lie, then Kie walks in the door.

"Hey, Kie." Pope says.

"Hey. JJ, can we talk?"

"Um, sure."

I walk outside with her and leans against the Twinkie.

"Seriously, Kie. It ain't my business."

"So you're not even a little mad?"

"Huh? Of course I'm fucking mad. You're screwing Rafe Cameron. Sarah's physco brother. And you're lying to everyone."

"I'm not lying, I'm just not telling them everything about my life right now."

"Okay. Look, I'll stay out of it, but you better pray Sarah don't find out." and ironically, she pulls up just now.

"Hey, Sarah. How was visiting Wheezie?"

"It was good, yeah, until Rafe came home. Seemed madder and crazier than usual." Me and Kie shoot each other a look.

"I'm serious, Pope. at the movie wasn't what you think. I was rejecting her that night."

"Yeah, because that makes it better."