Flame

The next day in school, Arthur put his head in his hands. He knew he'd failed his French test; but when it landed on his desk with a B, Arthur jumped out of his seat and bit his lip to keep from yelling. He had to show Francis. When the bell rang, Arthur was the first one out of the room. Without any thought as to how to approach Francis, he blindly ran up to him in the cafeteria.

"Pffffft, look! it's the exchange student on welfare," Gilbert snicker as Arthur came up to them. Arthur's fingers tightened on his test paper. "What did you have for dinner last night, canned corn?" Everyone laughed. Arthur held back tears.
"Hey French frog, just wanted to show you this." Arthur thrust his paper into Francis' hands, and ran away as fast as he could. He ran into the bathroom, locked himself in a stall, and cried over a toilet. He cleaned himself up and walked out of the stall, and was surprised to absentmindedly wander into Francis' warm, inviting, open arms. His eyes widened as Francis' strong arms wrapped tight around him. Surprised, Arthur found himself smiling; a confused smile. Why was this popular student hugging him?! Did Francis want to be more than a tutor to Arthur?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arthur rushed home after school, making sure to leave before Francis noticed. Francis had....hugged him. He'd stood there hugging Arthur with his warm, muscular, protective arms, for a full minute (no, Arthur wasn't counting. Well, maybe a little bit). Arthur had felt a strange rush when Francis had embraced him; a sense of belonging, a sense of relief, comfort...
No. Arthur didn't like guys, did he? He began questioning this. He unlocked the door for his flat, and to his surprise, Francis was standing in the middle of the room. Arthur screamed. "YOU BLOODY FOOL, HOW DID YOU GET IN HERE?! WHY ARE YOU HERE, STALKER?! GET OUT!" Francis backed up.
"Arthur....I felt the need to comfort you as you seemed stressed by everybody's teasing." Arthur felt his frustration rise.
"Why are you focusing everything on me?! You have friends you know, real friends, you don't need me....some lonely, poor exchange student. You're rich, popular, smart..."
"Ah, but Arthur-"
"But Arthur nothing!" Arthur yelled. "Leave me alone! You're just here out of pity, I know it! Stop acting like you care-"
Francis abruptly silenced Arthur with his finger on Arthur's lips. Arthur froze, staring straight into Francis' piercing, striking blue eyes. "Arthur..." Francis whispered. "I'm a terrible actor."