𝑀𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑀𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠

Sufiya looked at Sofie

Sufiya looked at Sofie. It really was a strange friendship between Nadia and Sofie but beautiful nonetheless. Despite their opposite personalities they balanced each other out.

Nadia's excited character and energy functioned like a charger to Sofie. It brought her out of her shell and made her more understanding of her own feelings and personality. Nadia was cheerful by nature but she, as every other human being, had their bad days, sad moments or moments of frustration.

But Sofie accepted and comforted her in her moments of weakness without hesitation, judgment or surprise. Sufiya had once run into them, 2 years ago, while searching for them in the library. When Sufiya had gotten to their favourite corner, the table-filled with books, parchment and quills-had been avoid by everyone. As her eyes had scanned the corner she had noticed something underneath the window sill. She had carefully rounded the table to see the two girls sitting on the floor Nadia's knees to her chest, face buried in her knees, breathing calmly and seemingly alright if it weren't for the tear falling down.

Sofie had slowly looked up to Sufiya's face and smiled. It was a smile not many got to see. Small but with a worried look in her eyes. Her whole expression was open. Sufiya sat down next to Sofie and glanced at Nadia with a questioning look, then back at Sofie.

"She came to the library later than usual," she whispered as to not worry the crying girl more "Apparently someone had dropped their books and Nadia had helped them pick them up, until someone started harrassing her on how she doesn't deserve to get all the confession eventhough she herself doesn't even want people to confess to her. She told me she knew she should avoid it but it was still frustrating."

"I noticed she's been stressed lately," Sufiya had added. "That probably stressed her more."

Sofie had nodded. "She had a lot on her plate and this made her reach her breaking point again. She started pacing and got really worked up until she just sat down at the wall and started crying." Sufiya had nodded along.

Sufiya met Nadia in a weird way.. she was walking downstairs and got hit by a gryffindor girl (they both were 11 and new to the school) "im lost" Nadia said. "oh do you need me to show you where the entrance hall is?" The hufflepuff stated her gesture telling Nadia to follow her.

"im sorry for bumping in to you again, I was searching for the entrance hall and fell, I asked a painting but I got distracted on how cool painting can talk, do you know that painting can talk?! well of course you do but since i got distracted i didnt focus to what the painting was telling me, and I didn't wanna ask again like who knows, the painthing might scold me!. So then I ran and fell...two times, then I bumped into you by the way im Nadia im a 1st year!."

"im Sufiya, im a 1st year too" the hufflepuff stated. They then arrived infront of the entrance hall. Nadia turned to Sufiya "how do you know the places at this school already?" Nadia asked with a questioning look on her face. "well, I got lost too and one of the teachers here helped me and asked if I wanted a tour, so I agreed" the hufflepuff said in reply. "ohh alright then see you again soon and thanks for helping me, guess hufflepuff are loyal like what the sorting hat says, ill get going now bye!" Nadia said showing a wave to Sufiya and ran off in the entrance hall.

"Sufiya? Sufiya?" she was pulled out of her thoughts by Sofie waving her hand in front of her face. She smiled at the other girl, signalling her attention. "what is up with people today, they all kept spacing out. Like what is up in their'beautiful mind', they must have a lot to think about" sofie stated.

"didn't you spaced out in potion and transfigurisation class today?" Balqis asked taking one last sip of her water before the glass was empty.

"Okay whatever.anyway. As I already said before you spaced out on me, I'm going to leave with Balqis and Feeya. Are you coming or not?" Sofie might sound sassy but she knows that has nothing to do with annoyance and all.

"No, I haven't eaten yet, so I'm gonna stay. Have a nice evening!" she replied to Sofie's question and directed a smile at them. They bid her goodbye and made their way towards the entrance of the great hall , whilst Sufiya went back to her house table and ate"

A figure made her way over and plopped on the bench next to a prefect who startled.

"Zara! You surprised me there!" Qaireen looked at the Slytherin with a smile. "Not that I don't want you at our table but why are you here?"

"It felt a bit lonely at our table," she said. Qaireen looked over at the table, then back at Zara.

"oh, where is Sophea?".

"I don't know, she said something about going to the green house or something." She looked up at Qaireen. "have you eaten?" Qaireen asked "yeah I have, hello Sufiya" the slytherin asked "oh hey, wait I have a question have you seen Arissa?" sufiya said looking at Zara

"oh, I think she's at the hufflepuff common room" Zara said while getting a glass and pouuring water into it "okay thanks" Sufiya said getting out of the bench and walked away from the table and leaving the great hall. They wave goodbye to Sufiya and continued with their conversation.

A banging sound pulled them out of their conversation again. She looked up from her now empty plate and Zara who seemed as confused.

Another loud bang brought them back to reality. What was going on in the entrance hall? She got up from her seat and went towards the door, followed by Zara. The sky of the Hall had a beautiful sight of the sunset, pink and violet swirling into each other, with blue seeping into it. Upon reaching the doorway she pulled her eyes away from the ceiling and towards the source of the sounds at the top of the Grand Staircase. Her eyes met a peculiar sight.

"Is that," Zara asked beside her "the scene from Titanic?"