1

JJ's POV:
It's freezing. I'm running from my apartment to my car. I'm running for two reasons. Number 1, it's less than 30° and I don't have a jacket on. Number 2, I'm already 15 minutes late to work, so I don't have time to turn back and get a jacket.

I get to the BAU at 7:50. Only 20 minutes late, not too bad. Not even 30 seconds after I get in the door, Hotch walks out of his office. "Briefing room now. We've got a case."

Morgan and Reid are chatting as they head up. Emily runs up to me and hands me a cup of hot coffee. "What would I do without you." I laugh.

"Probably freeze." She replies. We're both giggling as we enter the briefing room but we turn serious when we see the case. Penelope started presenting it.

"Alright my friends get ready because this is a bad one." She says. "We have an unsub who's killing in pairs. We have 8 victims. 4 pairs of two friends. They're killed together during broad daylight."

"Is there any DNA, fingerprints, anything really?" Asks Rossi. Garcia answers quickly, "That's the thing. There absolutely no witnesses or fingerprints. Not even a trace of DNA."

"Well he crosses racial lines and all of the victims seem pretty different besides the fact that they're all female." Adds Morgan. Then Emily speaks, "all of these victims lived seemingly different lives. Introverts, extroverts, the only thing in common is that they were together?"

"There hasn't to be something more." I say. "Well then we'll have to find it."says Hotch. "Everyone grab your bags, wheels up in 30."

*5 days later*
"Dammit" yells Morgan throwing his pencil on the floor. It had been 5 days and the unsub had just killed his 6th pair of people. 12 victims in total and we had absolutely no leads.

"Alright listen up." Says Hotch grabbing everyone's attention. "This guy doesn't make mistakes. We need a new plan." Reid looks over to him. "So what is the plan?" He asks.

"I want to send JJ and Emily undercover." He responds. Now he had my attention. "What?" I ask him. "Will that even work?"  "Right now we have no other options. We know his kill zone so maybe would could try to make you obvious targets." Hotch says.

"So what do you guys say?" He asks Emily and me. I look over to her and I can tell she's nervous. She nods her head anyways. "Okay then I guess." I say.

*The next day*
Emily and I had went out into the park that we thought he was taking his victims from. We stayed for a while and didn't see anything suspicious, so we decided to head back.

At the station we told everyone that we didn't see anything. "I guess he wasn't there." Says Rossi disappointed. Just then, an officer came into the room with a box. "Hey this was left outside. It's addressed to members of the BAU." He says setting the box down on the table before he walks away.

Everyone looks confused. "I guess we should open it?" Says Morgan. Nervously, hotch takes a pair of scissors and carefully opens the cardboard box. Inside was a flash drive. Everyone just stares at it for a second. Finally Reid plugs it into the computer and plays it on the big screen.

It was a video. The man was wearing a black mask that covered his face, and his voice was auto tuned. He started speaking. "You guys really thought you could catch me huh? Sending those two agents "undercover". I knew they were feds before they even got there. Emily Prentiss and Jennifer Jareau. Those bitches think they can stop me? They've got another thing coming." The voice stopped speaking.

Then photos started appearing. Hundreds of them. They were photos of Emily and me. Photos of the day we arrived, at the hotel, eating lunch, and a ton more. It was like he had followed out every move. I look at Emily. She looks like she's seen a ghost. She excuses herself to the bathroom. I run after her.

When I walk into the bathroom Emily's standing in front of the mirror staring at herself. "Hey." I say starting her. She looks up at me. "I'm fine." She sighs staring at the ground.

"Yeah I know you're always 'fine'. That's the problem." I respond. "I never should have agreed to this JJ. Now your in danger and it's all my fault." She cries. "What?" I ask her confused. "I made this decision. I knew the risks. And it's not just me in danger you know." I say.

Tears are falling down her face now. "JJ I don't care about me. Because if I let something happen to you I would never forgive myself for it."

"Nothing is going to happen to either of us." I try to plead with her. "We're going to catch this son of a bitch." I say. Emily smiles a little.

"Okay we should probably get back out there." She says. I nod. She splashes some water on her face and then we both walk out of the bathroom together.

"Okay you guys are back." Says Hotch completely ignoring the question of what took us so long. He was like that sometimes. Then Rossi says, "we want to send you and emily to a safe house until we catch this guy."

"A safe house?" Emily asks. "Yeah it's the best way to protect you guys until we can catch this guy. It's not going to be the easy, but it's our best option." Says Hotch.

"Alright I guess we're going to a safe house." I say smiling a little. "I guess we are." Says Emily laughing. "Alright you two are going go home with Hotch while the rest of team stays here. When you guys are safe, Hotch will come back." Says Rossi.

The case was fairly local, so it was driving distance from their houses. "Alright grab you stuff we're leaving." Says Hotch as he starts to walk out the door. Emily and I both follow.

The ride home was silent. Nobody was really in the mood to talk. Hotch dropped Emily at her apartment and told her to pack whatever she needed, because we were staying there indefinitely. When Emily left it was just me and Hotch in the car. It was pretty awkward.

He dropped me off at my apartment and told me he'd be back to take drive us to the house in 30 minutes. Then he left. I had know clue where he was going, but I didn't think about it too much.

I pack everything I needed fairly quickly. I had one suitcase of stuff. I might be underestimating how long we were going to be stuck where ever the 'safe house' is.

Hotch comes back 30 minutes later, just like he said. When I got in the car, Emily was already there. She was sitting in the back seat, and I joined her. The drive was pretty quiet. Emily and I stared at our phones most of the time. I eventually drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to Emily tapping me on the shoulder. "We're here." She says quietly. It had been about an hour and a half. I look around. We were surrounded by woods, literally in the middle of know where. "We're going to live here?" I ask her. "I guess so." She replies getting out of the car.

We both get out stuff out of the trunk, and Hotch drives away. We go into the house, and start to look around.

*the house*