8

JJ's POV:
All I can hear is the blaring sirens of the ambulance. All I feel is pain. I can see the inside of the ambulance. The paramedics hovering over me.

"ETA is 3 minutes." Someone call out. "I don't know if she has that long." Another voice says.

I try to move my hands but nothing worked. My eyes felt heavy, like they weighed a million pounds. I tried to open them again but they were glued shut.

Just breathing was exhausting. I just wanted to go to sleep. I wanted to go to sleep and see Emily.

Emily's POV:
"Family of Jennifer Jareau?" She calls. We all stand up. "I'm doctor Grey, I was Jennifer's surgeon." She says. "Is she alive?" Asks Reid. "Yes, she had many internal injuries and it was touch and go for a while, but as of right now she's stable." She says.

Everyone let out a sigh of relief. JJ was alive.
"She has requested that I not share the nature of injuries with you right now. She will do it herself when she's ready." The dr. Grey continues.

"Is someone here named Emily? Emily prentiss?" She asks finally. Everyone looks at me. "Um yeah that's me." I say. "I need to speak with you. Follow me." She says walking out of the room.

When we're out of earshot from everyone else, she says "you were listed as Jennifer's emergency contact. So there's something I need to tell you."

I feel my heart drop. "It's the baby isn't." I say on the verge of tears. "You know about that." Says the doctor looking at the floor. "You should know that before she went unconscious, she was calling out you're name."

"What happened to the baby?" I ask her.  "Well, the impact to her body was very traumatic, and the-" I cut her off. "Just say it." I cry.

She takes a deep breath. "We looked, but we couldn't find a heartbeat. The baby died. I'm very sorry."

I can feel the tears on my face. "Did you tell her yet?" I finally ask. "No. The stress that it would cause would have a big physical impact. We can't tell her yet." She says.

"So you're going to lie to her?" I ask angrily. "About her on child?" "Just until she is a little bit better." Says the doctor. She wouldn't look me in the eye.

I walk back into the room with the team. "Can we see her now?" Asks Morgan as dr. Grey walks back into the room. She nods and motions for us to follow her.

When we get to JJ's room the doctor stops us before we go in. "She may not want to see you right now. Don't take it personally."

Everyone nods. We go inside and JJ's laying in the bed. Perfectly still. Her eyes have the same blank look in them as that day in bathroom. "Emily." She finally says.

She looks up at me. Tears are in her eyes. "Emily they won't tell me the truth. But I know. I can feel it. She's not there. But you will tell me the truth?" She whimpers.

I feel myself starting to cry. I grab her hand in mind. "Emily tell me." She says sternly. "Can you give them a minute please." Says the doctor to the team. They all look confused. But they all walk out.

I look to dr. Grey. She nods giving me permission to tell JJ. Then she closes the blinds and follows the team outside. She shuts the door behind her leaving us alone.

"She's dead isn't she." Whispers JJ. "Yes. She's dead." I say. I'm crying slightly. JJ bursts into tears. "I want twinkle." She says in between sobs. I knew that she would say that. I pull out the old grey elephant that I had stuffed in my bag earlier.

I hand it to her and she clutches it. Sobbing. She became hysterical. She hit me over and over again. I let her. She cried and punched and finally exhausted herself.

I held her in a hug tightly and she tried to hit me again but I just let her. Eventually she just let me hold her. I was now laying in bed next to her. Holding her as she sobbed. I rocked her back and forth until she finally passed out.

She woke up a few hours later. She opened her eyes but didn't move. She had a handful of my hair and she was holding it tightly. I had no clue why, but I didn't question it.

Finally she moved. She looked down at her stomach. And placed a hand over it. She had been covering it with loose clothing so the team wouldn't find out. But it was pretty noticeable now. "Is she still in there?" JJ finally asks.

I nod. They hadn't taken the baby out yet. JJ was actually going to have to give birth to the baby. Even though she wasn't alive. That was something that it did not want to tell her, but I had too.

I explain what's going to happen to JJ. They're re going to induce labor later today. She just cries softly.

I hear a knock on the door. JJ slowly let's go of me so I can answer the door. It's the rest of the team. "How is JJ?" Asks Garcia. "Um, not great but better." I say.

"Can we see her?" Asks Reid. I don't know what to do. "Uh I'll go ask her." I say quickly going back into the room and shutting the door.

JJ looks at me. "The teams here. They want to know if they can see you." I tell her. "Tell them to go away." She mutters. I know that she's not trying to be mean. It's not her fault.

I go back outside to the team. "Uh maybe come back
later JJ's not really in the mood for visitors right now." I lied.

"What's going on?" Rossi nagged. "There's something your not telling us. And if she doesn't want people in there how come you're in there?"

Flustered, I try to think of what to say. "Um I don't know. It's probably just overwhelming for her right now. I'm not hiding anything. Maybe you can see her another time." I finish and then go back into the hospital room shutting the door behind me.

"Are they gone?" JJ sighed. "Yeah." I said looking down at her. Just then a nurse walks in. "We need to induce labor soon or you could become septic. Are you ready?" She asks JJ. "No but let's go." JJ answers. The nurse helps JJ into a wheelchair.

"It's going to be okay." I whisper to her. I try to believe it myself. "Emily you have to come with me." She says crying. "JJ..."  I start. "Please Emily please I need- you can't leave me." She says in between sobs.
"JJ I'm not leaving you. I'll come." I say grabbing her hand. We take the elevator to another floor, and then we enter a new hospital room.