10

Emily's POV:
We were finally home. JJ immediately went upstairs and sat down on the bed. "I'm happy to finally be sleeping in my own bed." She said with a slight smile. "It wasn't the same without you." I said grabbing her hand.

It was about 4pm. "JJ we need to change your bandages." I say grabbing the supplies. She had a huge gash on her stomach and her leg. "I can do it myself." JJ said grabbing the bandage from me. "JJ let me help you." I say softly. "No I can do it alone." She insisted.

Reluctantly I walked out of the bedroom and shut the door behind me. I stood right outside. With her knee and her sprained wrist I knew she wasn't going to be able to do it herself. I didn't know why she wouldn't just let me help her.

I waited outside for a long time. I heard JJ frustration. Finally I knocked on the door. "JJ I'm coming in." I said opening the door. She was sitting on the bed. She hadn't been able to do it.

I sat down next to her. "JJ you have to let me help you." I tell her. "No you can't." She cried at me. "Why not?" I asked her. She just cried silently. "JJ why?" I asked her again rubbing her back.

"Because you can't see them!" She wailed. I knew what she was talking about. The scars. The bruises. "They're ugly. And you can't see them because you won't love me anymore and you won't love me anymore because no one can love something that looks like this." She screamed. 

"JJ your not ugly. And I'll always love you. No matter what." I tell her. She squeezes her eyes shut. "Emily you haven't seen them." She says staring at me. "I don't need to see them to tell you that. Because no matter what they look like it won't matter. I don't love you because of what you look like I love you because of amazing personality, and your super smart brain, and your huge heart." I smile.

She stops crying. "You'll make fun of me." She protests. "JJ I promise you that's not true. Now please let me change your bandages." I say. She finally nods her head yes.

I can tell she's nervous. She's breathing fast and holding onto her clothes. "JJ it's just me. No one else is here. No one else can see." I say leaning down to kiss her head. I walk over to the door and close it so she feels more comfortable.

I lay JJ down on the bed. "Can I take off your shirt?" I ask her sitting down on the bed next to her. She just nods her head. Her eyes are closed shut.

I pull the sweatshirt over her head carefully. Then I slowly unbutton her shirt and pull in off. She's shaking laying on the bed topless. "You're okay." I whisper to her trying to help her calm down.

I take off the bandage on her stomach and look at her. She has big cuts all over her chest. The bruises were big and dark. I watched her chest rise and fall as she breathed nervously. I wrapped the wound in a fresh bandage.

Then I moved on her leg. "I need to take off your pants now okay?" I ask her. She just nods again but doesn't say anything. I unzip her jeans. She winces when I touch them. I slight them off. I take the bandage of her leg.

Both of her legs were covered in smaller scars. They seemed to be almost healed. I wrapped her leg up and grabbed some clean clothes. I changed her into a pair of sweat pants. I grabbed on of my T-shirts because he loved to wear them, and pulled in over her head.

"All done." I say touching her cheek. She opens her eyes. There are tears in them. I smooth her hair back from her forehead. "You're okay." I whisper to her over and over again. She pulls me into bed. I watch the tears fall down her face.

She rolls so she's as close to me as she can be and grabs a fist of my hair. She hangs on to it burying her head in my shoulder.  I kiss the top of her head. I put my arm around her waist and trace circles of her back. Eventually she just falls asleep.

She sleeps all the way until morning.