Four

Original A/N: Italized paragraphs are for flashback seen in Tsuna's perspective.

This is set the night after Chapter Three.

August 27, 2021: I am publishing the fourth chapter of this story as a notification to all readers here in wattpad that I have shit updating schedule and that this story has 9 chapters on AO3 and FFN. Just know that I am still working on it, okay? I might be in hiatus from time to time but I am not abandoning this story.

So without further ado, here is chapter four~

Four

Bang.

A man fell to his demise and the killer who took the man's life looked ruffled. The raven locks sticking on every direction and the signature fedora was lost among the fight. Reborn still looked immaculate despite the fight that they were in that seemed never ending that the brunet could feel the fatigue getting to him starting from his short breath and the flickering of his sky flames. Still, the brunet knew that the hitman was getting tired of this fight, seen as how his sleeve has a bullet graze.

Bang. Bang.

Reborn moved fast, leaping and jumping from one place to another to shot down their enemies on the heart, and if some lucky person managed to dodge, they still received a second shot directed to their heart. The hitman's accuracy was perfect, every vital point was calculated to incapacitate and kill or kill. Tsuna could trust his back to be protected, despite the exhaustion, he gathered his sky flames on his hands and propelled forward, incapacitating his enemies with strong blow that would knock the breath from their lungs.

Bang. Bang. Bang.

The brunet jumped, protecting the not protected back of his tutor, blasting the enemy with his sky flames distance away from them and obviously knocked cold at the impact. He received a bullet graze on his cheek that he managed to sidestep at the last second upon noticing his intitution acting up. Still, Tsuna's intuition continued blaring that his heart skipped up in bad premonition. He turned at the snipper and saw the man shot down at the exact moment he turned courtesy of a bullet from Reborn's gun. Reborn shot the man from the back that the bullet left a bloody bullet hole on the body where the heart was once located and whole. Tsuna's eyes widened with horror that he immediately bolted forward, willing his sky flames to propel him faster, towards Reborn.

Re-

"Reborn!"

Everything happened so suddenly and so fast that he couldn't process what happened after that. No, that was a lie; he knew what happened but he chooses not to relieve it.

"Dame-Tsuna, no. Tsuna, I-"

The brunet didn't want to relieve the bittersweet words of confession. He didn't want to. He didn't want to !

The brunet twitched from the pain and scrunched his nose from the disgusting smell of charred flesh...

Tsuna couldn't say, do, or move at all but he could feel, that awful feeling of coldness and pain around him, smell the metallic copper of blood filling his nostril, feel the once strong arm cocooning him in a protective embrace and hear the silence of the once beating heart.

The brunet could only scream inside his mind.

'REBORN!!!'

The brunet woke up with a breathless gasp and thundering heart. He sat up on the bed, feeling his aching body at the same time. He whimpered, his body wanting to curl into itself, his eyes oddly misty that Tsuna wanted to cry no– he was going to cry.