Four ☻

|| NARRATOR ||

"Now let's talk business."

"Are you serious?" Jaemin laughs at the seriousness of the girl in front of him. "You're drenched in blood. At least clean yourself first." He throws a towel at Narae, but she only glares at him.

"I'm the one who's basically organizing this whole thing, I think that I can make the calls around here." She deadpans at him. He rolls his eyes, sitting down in his chair. "Sorry, I can't take you seriously when you're the same colour as my apple here."

She looks at the jerk in front of her, his typical cocky grin showing as he bites into the fruit, placing his feet on top of the desk. They were in an old abandoned warehouse that Jaemin had found previous to their alliance.

The truth is, Jaemin and Narae weren't friends. Never were previously and probably will never be. He was the typical popular bad boy and she never even had a class with him. He didn't even know she existed while her whole plan revolved around Jaemin's presence being there to assist her.

A year ago Narae saw Jaemin committing an unspeakable crime in an alleyway and she decided that maybe he could be useful. And after that, she kept several tabs on him to see if he would prove his worth.

He did.

Jaemin had all the skills, in both fighting in intelligence, that Narae needed to cruise through her plan easily without any bumps on the way. So she could finally make sure the one she longed for in the end felt the pain and suffering that he caused to her.

Narae hesitates before slightly wiping the blood off her face with the small hand towel. But even the towel wasn't enough, she would need at least a shower to remove the gore of her parents off of her skin.

"What's next? Or should I say who's next?" Jaemin asks, throwing his now finished apple away. Narae reaches into her school bag, taking out a large binder and opening to a page labelled 'STEP TWO'.

"We already got rid of my parents. Now we move onto our next victim. And we can slowly and slowly make our way up until we're finished." Narae says simply. Jaemin raises his eyebrow at her. "We should go and finish step two as soon as possible."

"Shouldn't we wait for a little? I mean, you literally just murdered your mom and dad. Aren't you feeling a little bit of... Guilt?" He asks. When Jaemin took his first sufferer's life, he couldn't sleep for days. Meanwhile, Narae's moving as if it was an everyday occurrence for her to do so. She was truly someone he could never understand fully.

She scoffs, looking up to meet his eyes. It was then when Jaemin noticed that her pupils had no life remaining in them. As if her will to live was gone a long time ago. "They were better off dead. Why should I feel regret for those fuckers who ruined my 19 years of growth?"

"Fine. But do you really want to throw out your life like this? From what I've heard, you got into SNU. You could get a degree, maybe live your life as some rich doctor or something." He shrugs.

"You're acting as if I haven't been planning this for almost a year now. I know what I need to do, so don't try to change my mind." She snarls. She knew that he was a good partner to have when it comes to crime, but he was really starting to get on her nerves.

"What about Mark?"

Narae had already turned away from him, but she snaps her head back and does the first thing that comes to her mind to make him shut up. She grabs a knife from his pocket and throws it at Jaemin, missing his ear by just a centimetre.

"He doesn't have to do anything with this. Don't you even think to try and bring him up again or I'll make you regret it." She pulls him up by the collar, whispering in his ear, similar to what she did with her father.

Jaemin only smirks, slightly amused by her sudden violence. "Ooh, spiteful. I like it. And I'm sure Mark is feeling just fine at the fact that you've killed not one, but two people!" Jaemin was playing with her on purpose. Every time her nose flared up in anger or whenever she nearly killed him made him more and more pleased.

"Don't act like you're fucking better than me, Jaemin. We're both fucking dirty outlaws that can't escape from this life because they've dug a hole too deep for them to escape. And if you're wondering, I never told Mark in the first place." She turns away, clenching her jaw.

"Right, because Mark is a goody two shoes and he would turn you in, even if he has had the hots for you since middle school." Jaemin places a hand on her shoulder in fake sympathy.

She throws his hand off of her. "Gross, don't even. He's my friend, not my boyfriend."

"Right, because the way he looks at you with heart eyes is definitely something that 'friends' do." Jaemin snickers in her face.

"Do you enjoy seeing me riled up? This is our first time on our alliance and we're already fighting. This is ridiculous." She brushes past his shoulder, arranging her array of different weapons as he stands behind her.

"I do enjoy seeing you exasperated, actually. It's funny, like when you take candy away from a baby." Jaemin says. "Just lighten up, I'm teasing you. You're so uptight, I think I might just pass away from it." He says sarcastically.

"You probably like taking candy away from babies, fucking psychopath."

"Now I know you're not talking." He slides up next to her, trying to make eye contact with her but she was too focused on her weapons to even spare him a glance. He pouts. "Fine, let's just switch the topic. Where do I get my share of the deal?"

"It's in the duffel bag." She says simply, pointing to behind her. Jaemin's eyes trail to the desk where a black bag laid on the floor. He opens it, and there it was. The money she had stolen from her parent's bank for him.

Jaemin smirks. "Nice." He says under his breath, letting his hands run through the piles of money he had earned from the girl. Maybe he would actually cooperate with her now that he has a motive to work with her.

"You still never answers my question by the way." He blurts out. She turns to him, curious. "Who's next on the list?" He asks.

She smiles sinisterly at him, making a small portion of himself almost scared. Now that he and Narae were working together, he was really starting to learn just how disturbing she really was. She wasn't a quiet reserved girl like he thought. She was an ominous killer who showed no mercy to anyone, going as far as to make a list of people she wants to kill. Or like what she says, needs to kill.

She doesn't fail to remain as menacing as possible as she tilts her head to the left, her eyelashes batting up and down as if she was just a mere innocent girl. But that's far from reality.

"It's the teacher that sits at the front desk of our school that's next."