Eleven ☻

TW // Mention of suicide

|| NARRATOR ||

She stares at herself in the mirror in front of her, her eyes gawking at her reflection.

Narae never thought of herself as super ugly, as she did fit Korean beauty standards quite well. When she was younger, her mom and dad's friends would gush about how beautiful she and all of her siblings were. "They'll grow up to be wonderful children!" They would say.

Little did they know that Taeyong had become a man with a dirty little secret of his past that eats him up every night, Narae was climbing her way to becoming a nationwide mass murderer, and Jeongyeon's corpse has been dead for years, probably only just bones now.

Perfect family my ass. Narae thinks as her hand runs against the skin on her cheekbones. Her rice skin shone under the dim light as Jaemin suddenly appears after her, loading his pistol with bullets.

"My grandma killed herself." She blurts out. Jaemin lifts his eyes up, surprised by her sudden words. "I was 10. She shot herself in the head because she was starting to see wrinkles and gray hair appearing. She was afraid to lose her beauty, so she thought the next best thing was to die."

She continues. "All of my mom's sisters did the same thing. All four of them died so they would stay forever young. And now my mom's dead too." She chuckles at the end, finding the morbid pattern in her family humorous, almost.

"Would you do that, too?" Jaemin asks her. "Would you kill yourself so you can't become old?" He bites down his lip. He didn't want Narae to die, ever. Even if they are both criminals, he still has fantasies about growing old with her, maybe even having a few kids on the way.

She smiles at him. "No." He lets out a breath in relief. She gets up from her seat, standing next to Jaemin before leaving her head against his shoulder.

"I'll probably be murdered before I'll get the chance to commit suicide."

~

"Shoot her in the head, we want her dead as quickly as possible. She teaches karate, so she's a lot stronger than the others." Needless to say, she won't go down without a fight.

Jaemin nods his head from the driver's seat, listening to her words. She places lifts up her false glasses, Jaemin copying her as they both jump out of the vehicle.

"Most people are going to be wary because the murders are on the news." She says to him. "Is that why we're wearing... This?"

Jaemin and Narae both look down at their outfits. Narae was wearing a pink plaid dress, with a matching ribbon in her hair and a pair of glasses on her face. She had put on a lot of makeup so she doesn't look recognizable.

Jaemin was wearing a baby blue sweater with three cartoon bears on it, probably from a TV show. He was wearing a baseball cap and in his backpack with all of his pistols and weapons.

They weren't killers, or at least they didn't look the part.

Jaemin even went a little bit further and reached in for Narae's hand, entwining their fingers together. She hesitated at first but soon went along with it. They looked like a couple anyways, might as well pretend.

Little did she know that Jaemin didn't hold hands with her just to pretend.

The halls of the karate place were empty, but there were still security cameras. "Jaemin, go break all the cameras. I'll go do some chit-chat with the mentor." Narae whispers softly to him. He nods his head, letting go of her hand and escaping past the workers.

Narae heads onto the second floor, walking straight to the mentor's practice room. As expected, the mentor was there, finishing up her last lesson with a few young children, around five. She sits on the side, watching the little children practice their roundhouse kicks together.

The mentor takes a look at her, and eventually walks her way. "May I help you?" The mentor asks, gasping for air as she spoke.

"I'm meeting up with one of the other mentors but they were busy so they told me to wait. Is it fine if I wait here? These children are so cute I can't help but watch." Narae coos, putting on her best puppy eyes. This is fucking disgusting.

"I guess that's fine. I was just a little worried at first because security is extra tight, especially since there had been a series of murders in this town. Gimsan is small, the most talked-about crime was when that young boy got into a car crash and was put into a coma three years ago. Everyone's been uneasy." The mentor says.

Narae laughs softly. "Don't worry, I'm not the note killer. I just happen to really like kids. I can't wait to have my own!" She says as the mentor walks away. Yeah, right. I'll be dead before I'll even lose my virginity. She scoffs at herself secretly.

A few minutes go by, and Narae was getting more and more frustrated. She had little patient, and this lesson was taking too long. She might as well just have to shoot the mentor right here and then make a run for it.

"Narae." She thought it was Jaemin whispering to her. It wasn't.

It was Mark.

She was shocked for a little less than a second before she put on a confused look. "I don't know what you're talking about. My name is Hana, not Narae." She says. But Mark saw right through her. He flicks his tongue before taking the seat next to her.

"So I guess it's true? You really are the note killer?" He whispers. Her heart stops as her jaw tightens. She wasn't mad, nor preparing to kill Mark. She was scared. Chances are that he called the police and snitched on her. And the weirdest part was that she wasn't even that surprised. If anyone was going to find out it was surely going to be him.

"I didn't call the police, but I do know that you're going for the mentor next. Don't do this, Narae. You don't want to take innocent lives. You're not like this, I know you." He says.

She couldn't hold in her giggles at the boy in front of her. "I'm sorry, do you really think you're going to change my mind?" She smiles at him, her lips turned upwards in a way that made Mark want to pull his hair out. "You don't know jackshit about me, Mark. This is the real me."

Her hand grasps around the knife around her thigh. She was contemplating whether she should slice his throat right here or drag him outside and do it outside an alleyway. But before she could do anything, the door slams open and reveals three police officers running in, their guns pointed directly at her.

Taeyong was one of the people.

The others were shouting for her to put her hands up in the air. But Taeyong only stared at her, as she did back. Neither could recognize the other person, no matter how hard they tried. It was as if it was her first time seeing him. All it took was 7 years for the two siblings to turn from best friends to complete strangers.

Narae was quick to respond, as she quickly pulled out her knife, her only form of weapon on her, and threw it in the mentor's direction. It was too late for the mentor to even react, as her eyes rolled to the back of her head before falling down on her knees and taking one last final breath. The knife had hit her directly in the chest.

The children let out screeches as Narae ran across the room and jumped towards the window, letting herself fall down onto the ground and run away quickly. There was a swat team surrounding the building, but she quickly ran away from them because she didn't have the face nor the outfit of a serial killer.

Inside the building, the swat team runs downstairs to chase after Narae. But Taeyong was still stuck in his spot. There were children crying, police officers yelling, footsteps running. There was so much noise but it still felt like he couldn't hear anything.

He didn't know how to feel, but he did know that he was absolutely terrified. He knew what Narae wanted, she wanted to kill him. She could've thrown the knife in his direction, easily killing him. But she didn't. She purposely killed the mentor, and he knew why.

She wanted him to have every single meaningful person in his life painfully die as if he would be forced to watch the people around him slowly pass. she wanted his world to crumble into pieces.

And it was working.