Twenty-One ☻

|| NARRATOR ||

Taeyong barges through the steel doors of the precinct.

Much hadn't changed since the last time he was here, maybe a month ago. He stopped counting after a while. The faces of his fellow detectives twist towards him, their faces full of surprise. "Well, look! It's our celebrity detective in the house!" Taeil whoops, placing his hands around Taeyong's shoulder as the precinct erupts in cheers.

His face was drained of its natural peach colour and his eyes were panicked, not that any of the other detectives noticed. "Where's Seargent Chanyeol and detective Yeri?" He asks rapidly.

Taeil shrugs his shoulders as Yuta and Doyoung burst into the room, panting harshly after chasing Taeyong up the faulty stairs of the police precinct. "Seargent called for Yeri, don't remember what. I think he needed to talk to her about a case of hers from a while ago. Must've opened again."

Exasperated and alarmed, Taeyong lets out a groan as he runs to her desk cubicle. Nothing much, as it was cleaned as everything was placed neatly on the wood to avoid any loss of important paperwork. Far like Taeyong's, which was piled messily of paperwork he didn't know even existed.

But, in the middle of her desk, was a box. Not too big, easily fitting in any average humans hands. But big enough to cause suspicion and alarm. Placing his ear against the cardboard, no beeps were heard, indicating that it was not a bomb.

Cautiously opening the box, Taeyong backs away a few feet when he cuts it open. Peaking in, he didn't see a bomb (thank god), only a small folded not in the middle. Taeyong already knew the outcome. The reason why the box was there. He was silently cursing the other detectives for not noticing sooner. She got them.

His hands were shaking uncontrollably as he slowly reached for the note. The sweat dripped off his forehead, the room becoming tighter as the voices of his fellow coworkers became mere background noise. His chest rose up and down, his lips pursed in a thin line. quivering on the inside and outside, he slowly unfolded the paper.

"WANT TO SEE YOUR GIRLFRIEND? COME TO YOUR APARTMENT."

P.S: BRING ANYONE ELSE AND I'LL MAKE SURE SHE WON'T LIVE TO SEE ANOTHER DAY :)

Taeyong wanted to scream. Scream the pain away. Scream for the rest of eternity without having to deal with the stares of his peers. He wanted to rip up the note into the littlest of pieces, he wanted to kill her to make her feel the pain she caused him and others. He hated everything so much. The pain he was going through wasn't enough to describe in words, and he knew deep down that he deserved every ounce of it.

"D-Doyoung, Yuta... Go rest, I need to deal with a leakage in my apartment." Taeyong stutters shakingly, facing downwards to the ground to avoid letting anyone feel the tears dripping down his face steadily.

Before anyone could respond, Taeyong was already walking out of the door and down the flights of stairs to his car. Please be alright. He prays in his mind as he starts the engine and drives the car, zooming past the other vehicles on the road and past all the red lights. He didn't care if he was breaking the law, he didn't care if he got caught. At the moment the only thing he cared about was Yeri.

Screeching the car onto the parking lot, Taeyong fumbles with the keys in his hands as he makes his way up the stairs of his beat-down apartment. He wasn't rich, as he refused to provide off of his parent's money. The apartment complex was awfully old and sad. Perfect for a lone wolf like Taeyong. Perfect for a murder to take place. No, not today. Taeyong reassures himself. he didn't care what dirty work he had to do tonight, he wasn't going to let Narae place her hands on Yeri. He ultimately refused.