03 ★ Training

T H R E E
T R A I N I N G
———————————————————

You have your dog now, and now comes the most fun—and sometimes dreadful—part:

Training.

Here is a list of basic things to train your dog, and how to do it:

1. Sit
Repeatedly say the word "sit" while patting the ground. Tap your puppy's butt to get them to sit on the ground. When they sit, be really excited and say "Good boy/girl!" And give them a treat. Keep repeating this until they sit on command.

2. Lay Down
Like "sit", repeat the word "lay down" while patting the ground. Tell your puppy to sit, and then touch their nose with your finger and bring it down to the ground. Keep doing this until they lay down, and then act excited and give them a treat. Keep repeating this until they sit down on command.

3. Shake / High Five
Say "shake" and then hold you hand as if you're going to give someone a handshake. Grab your puppy's paw and put it in your hand, then shake. When they shake, reward them and act really excited. Keep doing this until they shake your hand on command. For high fiving, hold your hand in the air like your giving someone a high five and your dog will most likely hit it with their paw.

4. Hug
I taught my dog how to do this! Pat your chest while saying "hug" and they will jump up on you. Hold their arms and after the amount of time you want to hug them for us up, drop them gently. Here is my dog Gidget giving my brother a hug:

 Here is my dog Gidget giving my brother a hug:

5. Stay
     This is a little bit hard. I trained my dog to do this by pointing my finger at her, telling her to sit, and then walking away. If she follows me, I tell her "no", and bring her back to the place where I told her to stay. Keep doing this until she stays on command and then act really excited and give your dog a treat!

     So, in the first chapter, I talked about grooming supplies. I'd recommend for you to get your dog used to these supplies and baths.

     Also get your puppy used to the leash and harness. It'll make everything so much easier when bringing them for walks when they are comfortable with the leash and harness.

I hope that you enjoyed. Please click the vote button if you enjoyed and this helped! Remember, you don't have to, lol!