Rising

2012... Through the eyes of a young and unexperienced alien named Altu, he saw the fall and destruction of his commander's ship Kaman fall toward the nearly destroyed city of Los Angeles. He began to cry as he felt the mighty blow of their loss being felt. He looked around seeing his fellow aliens on the ground dead. All around him were LA police officers surrounding him. They were yelling at him but he wasn't listening to them at all. All he paid attention to were his dead alien comrades. When he turned around, he saw the police officers and dropped his gun surrendering to them. The officers ran over to him and began to arrest him.
A few hours later, Altu was sitting in what was left of the police department. None of the officers knew what to do with him.
The captain sat in his office trying to wrap his head around what just happened today when an officer knocked on his door. He looked at her and before he could ask what she needed, she said, "They have suits standing at the front desk wanting to speak to you." The captain was confused by what they wanted.
He walked over to the front desk to see two government agents standing in front of the desk. One agent stuck his hand out and said, "Hello, I'm agent Higgins. And this is my partner agent Michelson." The captain greeted them. Agent Higgins asked, "Do you mind if we have a word with you?" The captain nodded wondering what else could happen.
In his office, the captain asked the agents what they wanted. Agent Michelson said, "We hear you have an extraterrestrial in your cells." The captain nodded and said, "Yeah, we have no idea what to do with him." Agent Higgins said, "You're in luck captain. We're here to take it off your hands." The captain leaned back and said, "Really?" Agent Higgins said, "Oh yeah, we're going to have him on the next bus headed to Idaho." The captain said, "With humans on board?" Agent Michelson said, "Don't worry; we're going to be on the bus. No worries." The captain nodded and said, "You know, a whole army of these things nearly destroyed our city. What makes you think this one won't be able to destroy a bus? We don't know their strengths." Agent Michelson laughed and said, "Well, you've had him in a human holding cell for nearly three hours. The alien hasn't done any damage." The captain nodded, accepting that statement and asked, "When do you expect the alien to be shipped off?" Agent Higgins said, "At one o'clock PM next Friday."
Next Friday, a prison bus was headed toward Idaho. On the bus were a large group of criminals headed toward the states correctional center. But Altu was headed to the secret government building in Idaho. Sitting in the seat beside him was another prison. The prisoner looked at Altu and when Altu looked at him, the prisoner would look away. The prisoner looked at Altu and said, "The names Matthew Watts. But my friends call me Mattie." Altu looked at Mattie. Mattie nodded realizing the alien wasn't going to give him any information on him so he said, "Do you speak any English?" Altu nodded. Mattie smiled and said, "Good, I'm going to need you to do me a favor greenie. Keep an eye on the driver." Altu looked at the driver and then back at Mattie. Mattie said, "Keep looking!" Altu stared at the driver and suddenly Mattie bent down and spit out a bobby pin and caught it before it hit the ground. Altu glanced at Mattie and watched him behind to unlock the cuffs he had around his wrist. Altu became confused. Mattie saw Altu staring at me and said, "Keep watch!" Altu quickly looked at the bus driver who wasn't paying any attention.
Mattie freed himself. He looked at Altu and said, "Here comes the fun part."
Mattie lifted up his free hands and whistled to get everyone's attention.
Everyone looked at Mattie and saw he was free. The guards quickly stood up and ran over to him. Mattie smiled the whole time. The next guard prepared to attack Mattie. Mattie quickly dodged the attack and stabbed the bobby pin into the guard's neck. He then snatched the gun from the guards holster and shot the bus driver in the back of the head.
The bus began to swerve out of control and next thing to happen was the bus flipping over and rolling across the road.
The bus door was opened and Mattie jumped out of the bus.
He tried to stand up but he was in too much pain. When he turned around he saw Altu standing before him. He aimed the gun at him thinking he was a guard. Altu put his hands up and said, "I want to help. You help me, I help you." Mattie lowered the gun and asked, "What do you want?" Altu said, "To go home." Mattie smirked and said, "I've got some friends who can help with that." The two ran off into the woods with each other.
2015... Underneath a tunnel in Compton, California, Mattie and Altu stood waiting for someone. Altu looked at his watch and said, "When are these people getting here?" Mattie calmed him down and said, "They'll be here." Altu said, "They better hurry, before we get some unwanted company."
At that moment, a van drove toward them. Mattie smiled graciously and said, "Oh yes, here they come!" Altu prepared for what was going to happen next.
The van stopped in front of them and two gang bangers stepped out of the van. He looked at Mattie and they greeted one another. Mattie pointed to Altu and said, "This is my boy Altu." The gang members stared Altu down very impressed like. Mattie said, "See, I told you I was working with one. Now tell me, do you have what we're looking for." One of the gang bangers nodded and led the two toward the back of the van.
He opened the back door and showed them a case full of alien technology. Mattie smiled happily and said, "How'd you get this shit?" One of the gang men said, "We stole it bruh." Mattie clapped with excitement and looked to Altu saying, "We're getting off this rock buddy!" At that moment, a gun was pointed at Mattie's head by one of the gang bangers. Altu stepped back worried until the second gang member aimed his gun at him also. Mattie was shocked and asked, "How could you?" Altu looked around confused. The gang man said, "The police told us we'd be paid handsomely for giving the green one up." Altu realized what was going on and at that moment, a light flashed down on them from the helicopter below.
The police had arrived on the scene.
Altu looked up at it shocked.
Mattie quickly said, "I'm not going back to jail." He quickly elbowed the gang member in his face and stole a laser gun. He tossed it Altu and took one for himself. The two quickly began making a run for it.
The officers watched as the two got away and quickly spoke to someone through his radio saying, "They're getting away on foot. They're headed into the city. Be ready."
Altu and Mattie began rushing through the streets of Compton.
They ran inside an alleyway to hide. Altu began catching his breath while Mattie was still in shock about all of this. Altu looked at him and said, "Some friend." Mattie peeked outside and saw a bunch of police cars driving through town. He looked at Altu and said, "They're going to be slowly searching this city soon. We need to move." Altu agreed and the two began running to the other side of the alleyway until a sword was quickly pointed at their necks. They both stopped quickly to see the Vietnamese Chosen One Giang Huang step in front of them. She said, "End of the line boys." Mattie said, "How dare you point a sword at me!" He ran to attack her until she quickly tripped him and stomped his face into the ground. She looked at Altu and asked, "Would you like to be grounded as well?" Altu shook his head. The police quickly arrived at the scene. She turned to the officers and put her sword away saying, "I got them." The officers thanked her as they began to arrest the two. As Altu was begin escorted to the car, he glared at Giang the whole time thinking of new ways to kill her. The whole time she would smile and wave as they were taken away. Altu would always remember this moment as the second time a Chosen One messed up his plans with victory.