Battle

Jola's space ship was cruising through the depths of space in transit back to Mars, the homeworld of the green aliens and Jola's palace. Inside this gigantic ship, Jola spent his days in a separate room unleashing his hate and anger towards the human race onto the Chosen Ones his aliens managed to capture on Earth. He had just finished his abuse on Giang Huang when the aliens that he called into that room dragged her out. Jola ordered them to bring him the human experiment next and the aliens agreed to that order. They dragged Giang's weak body through the halls of the ship toward the prisoner hall.
One of the aliens dragging Giang let go of her and lowered the laser bars to the prison cell. Once they were lowered, They tossed her body inside call with a young woman named Mani Yang.
Mani crawled over to Giang hoping she was alive. She checked her pulse and saw that it was very faint. Mani looked up at the aliens angry for their terrible acts against her race. The aliens laughed at the vulnerable humans and walked off to get Jola's next victim.
Mani began shaking Giang to make sure that she wasn't drifting off. Giang gave out a small grunt and
Mani said, "Thank God."
Mani began helping Giang sit up. She then began to drag her over to the corner of the cell where she could get a clear view out the window.
Giang thanked her for the help and Mani couldn't be happier to do so. Giang noticed Mani wasn't injured as badly as she was and said, "You look pretty healthy."
Mani gave out an embarrassed chuckle knowing that Giang wasn't happy to see her health status was better than her own. Giang said, "It's okay. He's only doing this to the ones that pissed him off the most."
Mani asked, "What'd you do to him?"
Giang said, "I came to fight him head on. Me..." She paused at the thought of their battle and the terrible look on Max's face as he was beaten down by Jola. She began to stumble on her words.
"Me," She continued as best she could. "And some friends."
Mani asked, "Did any of them die?"
Giang shook her head and looked out into space. The thought of Jola beating down on Max once again brought tears to her eyes.
Mani asked, "Are you okay?"
Giang tried whipping her own tears but since Jola had done so much damage to her, moving wasn't the easiest thing at the moment. So instead, she let them run down her cheeks. It didn't help that she was also thinking of Robert and Sasha hoping they weren't dead. She said, "We prepared for something like this. Me and my friends. We prepared to fight him and whatever he was going to bring to the table. But for the first time... for the first time ever we lost."
Mani didn't have the words to make Giang feel better. At this point she believed that she was going to die and that fighting back would be a waste of time.
The sound of Max's screams caused both Mani and Giang to look to the door quickly. This sent chills down Mani's back. The thought of Jola causing a little boy that much pain made her realize that he wouldn't take any mercy on her.
Giang said, "I just wish that I could change all of this."
Mani asked, "Change it how?"
Giang said, "Change it all. Change our strategy. Change everything."
Mani asked, "What would you change?"
Giang said, "I'd make sure that this time, we were all standing together on the front line ready for whatever Jola had waiting for us."
Mani knew where Giang's mind was at. Even she wondered what the fight would have been like if the Chosen Ones and a group called the Worldly Heroes fought together as a team. But that situation was unknown to her after seeing what Jola was able to do. It scared her.
Mani said, "There's nothing we can do now. We lost. And it's over."
Giang couldn't stop thinking of how this could have worked out. She knew deep down that this fight wasn't over. She didn't know how she was going to change the tide of things but pulling off another mission was deep in her mind right now. Whatever plan she was thinking of had to work fully. The plan had a few flaws at the moment but if she could pull if off, they'd be free. All this thinking put a smile on Giang's face. Malese even noticed the smile.
She asked, "What?"
Giang said, "I've got a plan."
Mani asked, "What sort of plan?"
Giang said, "Something incredibly worth it. Yet could go horribly wrong."
Mani had her own disbeliefs in how well this plan would work out. But getting off this ship and away from Jola was her biggest priority at the moment. She said in such a confident tone, "I'm in."