Lunch with Sang

SILAS

Sang was amazing. She was so... She was like an angel. A beautiful angel that had the sweetest laugh and amazing smile that made my heart beat faster. I know, because I checked when we got our stethoscopes.

I don't know why I was feeling like this. I have a girlfriend, and shes what made my heart go faster. But this was different, this was some other kind of heart rhythm. Maybe I should ask Dr. Green for a check up?

We got to one of the meeting rooms upstairs that had a connected single bathroom. We all took turns washing our hands and finding a place to sit. The smell of tacos and Mexican dishes filled the room. There were 15 separate to-go food trays and we all grabbed one.

I opened mine to see 4 hard tacos complete with garnish, Spanish rice, baked beans and a small corn on the cob with spices. "This looks really good." I complimented ready to dig in. It was like 1/4 of what us larger guys normally eat but I don't think Dr. Roberts would know that precise information.

Kota passed out some spoons and napkins. There were can sodas off to the side on another table. I really didn't want soda right now but went to grab one anyway.

I watched as Sang grabbed a tray and looked for a place to sit. Brandon moved over and mentioned for her to sit between him and Axel. She sent him one of those breath-taking smiles.

We all got to know her a little better today, and she was really different than the girls I met over the years. She had this atmosphere around her that made the world slow down and you can see everything, clear as day. It was an entirely new feeling.

When everyone had their trays, Dr. Green and Raven walked in. Dr. Green had 3...apple pies I'm guessing. Raven had 2 fruit cups which he gave Sang immediately, and the other to a pink Corey. I don't think she knows what that meant as she accepted it with a soft smile.

"Thank you Rave-"

"Sang bab-, uh..dont accept that! Do you know what it means to take that from him? Dammit Robin, take it back and eat it yourself." North voiced pretty loud, glaring at Raven. I was more confused on what he was going to say after he said Sang's name.

"Fuck off West, My Little One can have fruit cup. And it can mean what she wants it to mean." Raven kissed the top of her head making her giggle and shaking her head.

Raven sat down next to Corey who had his tray for him and Dr. Green looked at Sang with some kind of emotion I couldn't place.

When we learned about their history, it broke my heart for him. But what is he to do? He had a girlfriend and they were happy, but earlier this morning he didn't seem to care to text or call Sarah when she was asking about him through Mr.B. Would he really end a good thing he had for Sang?

What about the Toma team? They all seemed to be in love with her, and the looks she gives them. Then the look she gives Dr. Green...what's going to happen? Why did we have to wait until tonight for a family meeting? What went on in that room that they couldn't tell us right now? Why was this topic such a secret? Why did Mr. B and Kota look at her with warmth in their eyes too? Something changed, and it seemed like it changed even more as they got to spend time with her. The only ones that weren't so struck were Nathan and I, I'm not quite sure about Victor.

Everyone was digging into their food and making small conversations. They all passed questions to Sang about her department interests. Victor asked about hobbies she enjoys, Corey talked about Disney movies, Mr. B actually asked her about what she thinks of a private clinic, probably for Dr. Greens sake.