Chapter 3

He feels as the wind caughts his hair as he takes another step into the chilly ocean's water. The sun is setting and it makes the water have a nice shade of peach. He smiles as two strong arms wraps around his waist,and he leans into the loving touch. He takes a deep breath, letting the salty air tickle through his nose.

The arms left his waist and took his hand instead. He looked at his side where a pair of blue ones stared back at him. He pulled a smile on his lips and soon enough he was dragged deeper into the ocean. When the water reached his waist he let himself fall into it. He didn't open his eyes,he didn't swim, he just himself float till he was in need of breath.

Only then he gave himself a bounce up and when his face was out of the water he started coughing.

"Harry!" he heard someone call out his name. It was a feminine voice, definitely not belonging to the arm that held him just a couple of minutes ago.

The coughing doesn't stop and beautiful sky that was just infront of his eyes disappear, a dark shade covering it.

"Harry,darling are you alright?" the voice calls out again and he recognizes it as his mother's. He sits up,still coughing ,his eyes still closed.

It was all a dream , he thinks and opens his eyes. Surely enough the hospital room comes into sight and he clutches his stomach as he keeps struggling for air. A nurse is standing next to her mom now, handing him his spirometry. He takes it gladly and sucks a deep breath through it. He feels the oxygen fill his lungs again and he lets a shaky breath out, trying to take control over his breathing once again.

When he succeeded in that he takes in the room for the first time. His mother is by his side, rubbing his arm,her boyfriend's just behind her, standing all confused not knowing what to do.

The nurse is standing beside his bed holding an IV bag.

For first he doesn't know why did the nurse came to his room,but as his eyes lands on the clock he understands it. Currently it's 10 o'clock, which means he slept in. He was supposed to take one dose of pills at 9 and now he's supposed to have and IV drip. Shit.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't hear the alarm going off, I must have left my phone on silent. So sorry mum, I must have scared you." he starts spitting out apologies and excuses cause damn he feels bad. It's his sickness, his responsibilty . He have been doing this for years, he should really know better than sleeping in and dreaming with a boy he saw in the hospital like a 14 year old teenage girl.

"Shhh honey it's fine. Just be more cautious next time" her mum says, offering a big,warm smile . He starts nodding back in response promising he will be.

Looking over at the nurse he apologies again before extending his arm, letting the needle pierce his skin before feeling the IV dripping. "Call for a nurse when the bag's empty" he nods and says a quick thank you before the nurse leaves his room.

He leans to put his nose cannula on,leaning his back to the wall as he watches the IV bag empty, the liquid from it getting into his bloodstream. Nobody's saying a word and he's rather glad for it,not feeling like talking at all. He closes his eyes then,paying attention to the rhythm of his inhales and exhales. He feels his lungs struggle for every drop of oxygen he gets into it,but he feels rather calm right now.

"Sweetie" his mum calls and he slowly opens his eyes. "Do you mind going to lunch with us after that's done?" he almost asks who is 'us' then remembers the man standing next to his mum,now having one arm around her waist. Splendid. He might just met with his new step father and the first thing he sees from him is that he almost chokes in his sleep.