THE TALK

CALVIN'S POV

The past couple of days have been great. I've spent a lot of time with Sophia and her parents and I've actually enjoyed it. Her mother likes me but her father still has his reservations about me, which I understand. He adores her a lot and doesn't want her to get hurt. The feelings are mutual. We've plans to play golf tomorrow which is a good opportunity for me to convince him. I don't want him worrying about Sophia. I wish he could know how much I love her and he doesn't have anything to worry about.

Currently, Sophia and I are taking a walk after enjoying a finger-lickin' good dinner. Sophia had planned this amazing date all by herself and I loved it. I love how considerate she is. Even though we were full we made some room for dessert and had gelato ice cream. I had hazelnut while Soph ordered chocolate flavour. We sat on a park bench and savoured it. These past few days have been good and the coming days are going to be great. We are returning to New York tomorrow and then Soph will move in with me. I've never shared my personal space with anyone before and I thought I would be more skeptical about it but I wasn't. I was at ease with it. I loved the idea of living with the love of my life, to wake up with her in my arms, to spend every spare minute together and everything else that comes with it.

We went back home after a while. Her parents were also getting ready for bed. We wished them good night and went to our room. I had golf early in the morning and Sophia had plans to go shopping with her mother, so we went to sleep straightaway.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm ringing and immediately turned it off, so as not to wake Sophia up. She stirred in her sleep but didn't woke up thankfully. I got fresh in the washroom and went down for coffee. Jennifer was in the kitchen brewing a fresh pot.

" Good morning Jennifer. "

" Morning Calvin. Sleep well? "

" I did. Can I help you with anything? "

" No no. Since you and Daniel are eating at the club and Sophia and I have plans to go out, there isn't anything to do. I'm just making coffee. Would you like some?"

" Sure. "

We sat at the kitchen island and had or coffee and talked. I told her about my mother and how alike the two of them are. They would really hit it off. She said she was eager to meet her. I told her to visit us in New York sometime. We could show them around and she could also meet my mom. She gladly accepted the offer and promised to visit soon. I went back to the room and started getting ready. Sophia was up when I came out of the shower with just a towel wrapped around my waist . I wished her good morning and told her I was going to play golf with his dad. She wished me luck and went down for coffee. I got ready and joined her downstairs. Daniel was also ready so we left after saying our goodbyes to the ladies. We were going at Daniel's regular club.

We arrived at the 'Westchester Hills Golf Club' after a while. It was magnificent, spread across a large area. We put our golf clubs in the cart and went to a spot to play. While we were playing, Daniel started a casual conversation but then out of nowhere asked me.

" What are your intentions with my daughter? "

I was a little taken aback with the change of topic but recovered quickly. I knew it was gonna come up sometime.

" My intentions are honorable and pure. I love Sophia... A lot actually. I'll always treat her respect and take care of her. I promise I will protect her and never let anyone hurt her, not even me. I want to assure you that you don't need to worry about her. She's safe with me."

Daniel didn't respond for a while, analysing my expressions. He must be satisfied because he gave me a pat on the back and we continued our game. It went great. We had breakfast at the club after that. He introduced me some of his friends there. We bonded a lot better now. We went back after having a great time.

Sophia and Jennifer weren't back from there shopping spree yet so we decided to watch a football game and drink some beer until they were back. They were back after hours, all giggling and happy. It was lunchtime by now and they had brought pizza. We ate and they told us all about their shopping spree. After that we all went to our rooms for a nap. Our flight was in the evening so we had plenty of time.

After a quick power nap, we got up and got ready for our flight. I helped Sophia in packing our things in the bags then carried the luggage downstairs. I had booked a car to drop us at the airport but Daniel ans Jennifer insisted to drop us so I agreed. I loaded the luggage in their car and we left for the airport. Sophia was a bit sad but tried not showing it but I could see right through her.

We got out at the arrival gate and took out our luggage. Sophia's eyes were filled with unshed tears by now. She hugged her parents and started crying. I wish I could ease her pain but there was nothing I could do. After sometime she took control of her emotions and we said our goodbyes to Daniel and Jennifer. We boarded our flight and it took off soon. We both had some work to do as we were away for a while. I checked my reports and replied to some emails while Sophia studied. Soon enough she'll move in with me and we'll live together. Can't wait for it.

So what do you guys think about this chapter? Tell us in the comments below. Huge things are gonna happen in Calvin and Sophia's life in the future. Stay tuned for that. Also like, share and follow our book. Keep reading ❤️.