Chapter 12

It was the next morning and Naruto had a little more than three weeks to train with Jiraya.

Naruto went through a couple of hand signs and slowly a Clone appeared beside him. 'Finally. This is something I'd call a perfect Clone. It took too long to master and I can still only make one. The Jutsu also requires excellent Chakra Control. Training in secret paid off' thought Naruto as he smiled. With that, the Clone left to train with Jiraya while the original had something else in mind. Something he had planned in secret with someone...

'I'm sorry, Jiji. Thanks to Tenzo-Sensei I can easily sneak in without anyone noticing me,' thought Naruto with his plan already in motion. He knew he would be getting stronger with Jiraya but that alone wasn't enough. He had other plans on how to get stronger faster.

Three Weeks Later

Jiraya and Naruto had just finished their last spar. "Hehe, brat. You have improved more than I thought you would," said Jiraya.

"Thank you, Jiraya-Sensei," replied the Clone. Naruto also realized that he was growing fast but that still wasn't enough. He still had a few stuff to do to grow stronger.

"Alright then use the rest of this day and tomorrow to rest. You have a big match coming up against the Hyuuga prodigy," said Jiraya laughing a little.

"Hmm. I can handle him," replied Naruto again as he saw Jiraya laughing.

'I know you can kid,' thought Jiraya.

After Jiraya went to do his work the Clone was alone. The Clone went home where it had hoped the Original was but Naruto wasn't there. 'I hope he got it down. There are a few steps to this plan and this is probably the second hardest,' thought the Clone.

Suddenly the real Naruto appears beside the Clone. "Yo. So you done?" asked the Clone.

"Nope. The Jutsu has way too many flaws. The Creator of the Jutsu didn't focus on it as it seems. I can use the Jutsu but it's still not as effective as I would like it to be. But I definitely improved it and I just need a little more time to perfect it. I can't believe the creator actually had so much trouble with this Jutsu," explained Naruto as he laughed a little.

The Clone smiled as it released itself. Naruto sat down as he waited for three weeks' worth of training to be passed to him. Naruto lied down as he almost screamed. This Clone Jutsu was specifically made for training. Anything that had happened to the Clone came back to the original. That included the pain that he felt due to the training but also his body getting stronger. It all perfectly came back to the original as if Naruto was really there.

After ten minutes of pain all over his body, Naruto stood up. He felt that his body had definitely gotten stronger and his Chakra reserves seemed to have increased. 'Works even better than I thought,' thought Naruto. This was indeed a perfect Clone. 'I'll take it easy for until the exams,'

The day of the Chuunin exams

'One month is finally over,' thought Naruto excited of the events that were going to take place.

The streets of the Leaf were busier than ever. A lot of important customers were coming to spectate over the exams.

In the arena, all 8 Genin were standing before the spectators. All but Dosu. 'That guy Dosu isn't here...' thought Shikamaru.

Everyone had arrived and was now waiting for the beginning of the exams. After the Kazekage had also arrived the Third Hokage stood up ready to make an announcement.

"Thank you, everyone, for comings to the Chuunin selection exam! We will now start the main tournament matches between the eight participants! Please stay and watch until the end!"