im a girl not a boy

The picture above is what you looked like coming into your new home

Age: 4

" This is your new family Miya, please try to fit in"

" I don't want to leave you, mom," I cried

" I can't take care of you Miya, and your new family is more than capable," Mom explained.

I grab on to her " please don't leave, I can help you take care of me"

" No you can't, you are just 4 and I can't be a Shinobi. 

We have no way to make money, just stay here until I'm stable enough to take care of you, ok honey," Mom reasoned.

" Ok mommy... I'll wait for you," I sniffed

I then feel a large hand on my shoulder on me

" Hey Miya I'm your dad, I'll take care of you," he greeted.

" Thank you again," She thanked as she turned around and walked away

I see her long pastel hair flow in the wind while she walks away, the last time I will ever see it

The man grabs my little hand and leads me into the house, there sits a pink-haired little girl about my age and a dirty blond grown woman sitting on the couch

The older woman scoffs and so does the little one.

I hide behind the man holding my hand.

" Please don't take your anger out on her dear, I made the mistake of cheating," my new dad pleaded.

" You expect me to look at the product of you cheating on me without being mad, you're crazy Kizashi," the older woman sneered.

" Who's she daddy," the little one asks.

" Your new sister, she was born the same day you were Sakura," my new dad spoke softly bending down to her level

" her... Hair" the girl starts.

" Yes your right, her hair is a long beautiful pink," my new dad explained as he touches my hair

" Why did she get long hair," the girl seethed.

" Well... Her mom also had long beautiful pink hair", the dad explained.

The older women scoffs

" Anyway dear, that's not important right now, we have a new member of the family you should show her to her room Sakura," my new dad suggested patting her hair.

" Fine, come in .... Um," the little girl started.

" I'm... Miya" I squeaked.

" Ok well follow me," She gestured her hand at me to follow.

I nod and start following her.

" You're not part of my family," Sakura snapped.

" Huh," My head snapped up and I stared at her.

" You will never be my sister, you will only be my roommate," Sakura spat.

I nod and she shows me to my room.

" Daddy said he'll take you somewhere to decorate your room later," She stated.

I nod again then she leaves.

As the door closes I sit on a bed with no sheets or covers.

Big changes happen fast I guess.

And I don't seem to be welcomed, I can't wait until mom comes to pick me back up.

I hear a knock on the door and it opens.

"Let's go to the store Miya," the older woman tells me.

I nod and follow behind her as we leave the house and arrive at a salon.

" We can build a relationship here," she explained.

" Sure," I smiled.

She sits me in a chair as another woman starts working on my hair.

" Let's start by getting your hair done," the older woman smiled.

" Ok," I agreed.

" Um hay ma'am what would you like to do with the hair, it looks healthy already, and let's not go past the beautiful pastel pink color," the hairdresser told the older woman.

" Cut it. Cut it short like a boy's length short" the older woman smirked.

When I hear that my eyes widen, I don't want my hair short! I like my long hair, it reminds me of my mother.

I shake my head aggressively " I don't want my hair short, I like it long!"

" Shut up and don't you ever yell at me little girl, you are under my roof so you listen to me," the older woman snarled.

" Please don't cut my hair miss," I cry, tears streaming down my face.

" Don't listen to her, cut her hair short" the older lady demands.

The hairdresser nods and cuts my hair.

The little snips make me cry harder and harder after the hairdresser is done, we go and buy stuff for my room... In silence.

When we get back home I bring up all the stuff to my room and sit on the bare bed sobbing.

I pull out a mirror to look at my hair,

It's short. Really short.

At Least, it's still a pretty pastel.

I cry even more just than my new dad bust in the door.

He sits in front of me with sorrow in his eyes.

" I'm so sorry she did this, I would have never let this happen if I were there," he apologized as he touches my new hair

I nod after wiping my eyes.

" Don't worry Miya, hair grows back, let's put your room together" he comforted.

I nod and we put up in my new room, we talk and get closer.

He tells me how he met my mother and he thought about her, and how he will always be by my side.

Hearing his words comforted me because I knew he meant them.

Sakura's reaction to my hair was just happy, She was so happy in fact, 

that she called me her brother...

And the family decided that I would appear as a boy in public for some unknown reason...

This was a big difference in my life that I was not comfortable with.

Hey, this is the One And Only Author here!
I hope you continue reading because it will in fact get more interesting!