Prologue: Somber Escape

The doors let out a loud thud as they slammed shut, leaving the coven head alone in the presence of his uncle. "You sent for me?" He spoke, a shadow of dread falling over him as he bowed.

The atmosphere grew heavy as the emperor stood from his throne, "ah, Hunter," He glared down on the scarred boy. "Yes, I have a question about your mission at the knee," He said, a deceptively kind tone filling his words. "You mentioned a fight for the key, correct?"

Hunter's hands shook as he replied, keeping his position on the floor. "Yes, but I didn't recognize the witch that had it," He lied. He knew if the emperor found out about the young Blight's actions, she would be punished, and she didn't deserve that. He understood what she was fighting for.

"A shame, we could have brought the rebel to justice, however, that is not what I meant." He stepped closer to Hunter. "Surely this witch used magic in an attempt to keep the key. How did you manage to defeat them if you didn't have your staff?" He questioned, his tone becoming more stern.

The teen's eyes widened as his heart skipped a beat, knowing what Belos was hinting at. His mind ran, desperately trying to find a way to hide the truth and save his palisman from the inevitable fate if Belos found him. "I-I" His words failed him and he found himself speechless.

"I know you're hiding something from me, Hunter," Belos continued. "Where is it?" He demanded.

(TW: brief depiction of abuse)

Hunter kept his eyes locked on the ground, fear filling his being. "Bring me the palisman, Hunter!" He yelled, striking Hunter's face, leaving a large wound across his left eye. Hunter hissed in pain, clasping a hand over his eye. Tears threatened to fall as he shook with fear, when seemingly out of nowhere, Flapjack appeared in front of Hunter, turning into his staff form.

He hurriedly grabbed it and cast a spell that created a mist similar to the one he and the human used in Latissa, causing the emperor to fall to the ground. He quickly created a wall enclosing Belos in the throne room for extra precaution. He scrambled to his feet, and to the nearest window, flying out.

He didn't know where he would go, but what he did know is that he would never return to the emperor's coven.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey, it's hunter! not the character, that's just my name.

Anyway, I just had an idea for some slow burn goldric so that's what you're getting. Hope you like it, I'm gonna work on it as much as possible cause I really wanna share the idea with you guys!

hoped you liked this part, there will most likely be more soon so keep an eye out ig.

anyway, have a good night/day or whatever, until next time bitches bros and nonbinary hoes! Byeeeeeeeeeeeee!