Chapter 2- Rules

"Alright kid, since I assume you're gonna be living here now, It's time we go over some ground rules." Eda announced. Hunter nodded. They sat at the dining table, the owl lady at one end and the blonde at the other, while Luz sat on one side, closer to Eda.

"First things first, and I think this goes without saying, but if you hurt my family, I hurt you" She started. "Second, you live here now, so you have to help with chores."

"Of course, I wouldn't expect anything else," He agreed. He then paused as if waiting for her to continue.

"And that's pretty much it. Do whatever you want here, so long as you don't hurt anyone too badly," She smiled and shrugged.

Hunter furrowed his brows, tilting his head.  "So you mean there's no curfew, no time i have to be in bed or awake by, and the only responsibility I have is helping out with chores?"

"I know you're probably used to a bunch of rules, being in the emperor's coven, but here, you're free to do whatever," The human imputed. "You don't have to act a certain way, or live up to any expectations. Just be you," She smiled.

He raised his eyebrows at the thought. Just be himself, huh? He gave out a small chuckle. As if he even knew how to do that. He spent so long just being the Golden Guard that it became all he was. He didn't know who or what he was without it. The mask, the title, the power. He didn't have any of it. Now, he was just Hunter; the boy with a cardinal palisman who ran away from the emperor's coven.

"Thank you both, for allowing me to stay here. I know it's probably hard to trust me after what I've done to you in the past," He sighed.

Rascal lightly nuzzled against his neck, earning a small half smile.

"Look kid, we know you were just following orders. We're willing to look past that and move on, but you have to be willing to do the same. I know it feels like you've done something wrong by betraying the emperor, but really, you've set yourself free. Belos only wants power and control, and he'll do anything to get that. I know it feels like a lot right now, but one day you're gonna look back and see what I mean. You just have to forgive yourself first."

Hunter nodded, but avoided eye contact. They kept telling him he did the right thing, and he was starting to see it that way, but he still felt a twang of guilt. He was starting to understand that maybe his uncle's plans weren't as great as he made them seem, and while it was weird not to have so many rules and regulations, it actually felt nice in a way. It was almost like a small bit of the weight had been lifted from his shoulders.

As if sensing the bit of tension in Hunter, Luz cut in. "So now that that's all taken care of, how about we have a family night? Just spend time together. Could be a great way to get Hunter used to living here!" She suggested.

Eda smiled and nodded. "Know what, that's not a bad idea, kid. What do you say, Blondie? Let's make your first night at the owl house a good one."

Hunter smiled softly and nodded. "Sounds good."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, it's been a hot minute since i've uploaded huh? School's been really kicking my ass lately.

Anyway, I hope you guys like this chapter, I know it's short but it's mainly a transition chapter. I swear, the next chapters should be longer. Willow, Gus, and the Blights should be coming in either the next chapter or the one after that, still haven't decided yet.

I hope you all have a lovely day/night/whatever time it is for you.

Thanks for reading and until next time bitches bros and non binary hoes

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-