Chapter 4- Found Family

The two teens sat on the couch, watching cartoons. At one point, Luz looked over at Hunter, spotting what she assumed to be armor on his chest. "Hey, Hunter. You know you don't have to wear your armor here. You're safe," she said.

Hunter looked over and quickly averted eye contact. "Oh, um, yeah, I know, it's just," He started, thinking of the right words. He sighed. "It's not armor. It's a binder." He mumbled the last bit.

"Oh. So you're trans?"

The boy nodded.

"Oh. Ok." She said, before she made a realization. "Wait a minute, you mean to tell me that this whole time you've been wearing a binder non stop? Please don't tell me you sleep in it."

Hunter looked at her with surprise before looking down. "Sometimes. Like every few nights."

Luz inhaled deeply. "Hunter, that 's not safe! No les enseñan como como tener puesto un aglutinante correctamente en la asamblea de brujas?! You're not supposed to wear it more than 8 hours a day, and you shouldn't exercise in it. I know for a fact you've done a lot of running and physical activity in that. No sé corre en un aglutinante! Cómo no estás muerto?" She said, now frustrated with the boy's unsafe behavior. Flapjack chirped angrily from on top of hunter's head.

Hunter just stared in disbelief. He was not expecting her to get worked up over something like that.

She sighed. "Sorry, just, bind more safely, okay? You should take it off considering the amount of running you've done. I know it can be hard, and uncomfortable, but it's not worth it in the long run. You could seriously mess up your body," She said, this time in a more gentle tone.

Hunter blinked and looked away. "I guess I never expected anyone to actually get on my case about it. No one in the coven ever really seemed to notice." He fiddled with his hands. "The dysphoria just gets really bad, so," He sighed, "you're right, I know it isn't safe, but it's difficult."

The cardinal hopped down to hunter's lap and chirped reassuringly at him.

Luz smiled at the palisman, putting a comforting hand on Hunter's shoulder, to which he flinched slightly, but quickly relaxed. "I know it can be hard, but you don't have to worry about it. You won't be judged here. Besides, I can't imagine it's very comfortable." She gave a reassuring smile.

The blonde chuckled. "Eh, well, after getting used to it it feels more comfortable than it probably actually is." He pondered a moment before replying, "I guess you're right though."

She smiled and looked back at the screen, allowing Hunter a bit of privacy, even though he wore the binder on the outside.

He slipped off the binder and set it aside. He avoided looking at his chest and instead just looked back at the show. "Thank you," he said after a moment's hesitation.

Luz smiled, looking back at him. "Of course. Like it or not, we're family now. Welcome to the found family! Ya know, I've always wanted a big brother." she laughed.

Hunter once again looked at the human with surprise. How was she so forgiving that she would consider him family? He smiled sincerely and fully, for what felt like the first time in a long while. He had to admit, he had already grown quite fond of the Owl House, and he felt truly accepted by its inhabitants.

Flapjack chirped happily, hopping into Hunter's hand and nuzzling it lightly.

Perhaps the palisman was right. After all, in the coven, he lived constantly on edge. He realized, deep down, he feared Belos and what he would do to him. He had only been at the Owl House for a day, but he felt more relaxed already, even if it was a bit awkward.

"Actually, I think I might like it here." He said, smiling down at the palisman in his hand, petting it gently.

Luz smiled. "You know, I'd hate for you to have to sleep in that weird basement. How about you stay in my room. We can split it," she offered.

Hunter shook his head. "No, it's fine, I don't want to intrude. You've already shown me a lot of hospitality, especially considering the things i've done in the past, I-"

"No no no. Let me rephrase that. Stay in my room, it's big enough so we can split it. I won't take no for an answer." Luz interrupted, smiling.

Hunter nodded with a small smile. "Thank you."

-----------------------------------

wow, two chapters in one week? it's a miracle.

anyway, i hope you guys liked this one, brought to you by protective little sister Luz. Sorry it's short, just suddenly got the motivation and wanted to get it all done before i lost the motivation.

Honestly, the trans hunter played a bigger role in this chapter than i had planned, but i hope you liked it. it was originally going to be a small thing, but i thought it would be a good way for luz and hunter to bond as well as the cartoons. i think i did it pretty well considering i used some of my own experience.

Hunter must be protected at all costs.

anyway, i'll upload the next one as soon as i can but until then, have a great one guys gals and nonbinary pals.

also quick note. Please if you are someone who uses a binder, please bind safely. the tips in this chapter are real binding safety. never sleep or exersize in a binder and don't wear it longer than 8 hours a day. take care of yourselves :)