Chapter 3: Detention

Daphne Pov;The following morning,
I wake up at 6:00 and start getting ready to go to detention. I play my favorite song while getting ready. (The song above) I take out the outfit I plan to wear today and set it on my bed.

 (The song above) I take out the outfit I plan to wear today and set it on my bed

I take a shower, change, and put on some light makeup. I grab my school bag and head down to breakfast. I eat breakfast alone because my parents have already left. I hear the doorbell ring and it's my friends waiting for me. I quickly feed Scooby-dee my great dane and run out to the mystery machine. I hop in and greet my friends. "Hey guys, ready for detention?" I ask. "Not really." Was the general reply. We got to school and into the library where some other students who had detention too were sitting. We all walked in single file and greeted vice principal Vernon as he handed us each a sheet of paper. I was second to come into the room,I got my sheet and just happened to look up and see the most handsome boy I've ever seen.

He had sandy blonde hair, icy blue eyes and a adorable smile, he was just all around handsome! He was looking right at me and our eyes met

He had sandy blonde hair, icy blue eyes and a adorable smile, he was just all around handsome! He was looking right at me and our eyes met. I blushed furiously and hurried to my seat. He smiled as I walked past. I walked past a rough looking kid who wolf whistled at me. I ignored him and sat by my friends at the back table. There were three other kids in the room with us, two girls and another boy. I recognized the first girl to be claire standish. We had met during English and became friendlies. The other three four I hadn't met yet. We had just sat down when Vice Principal Vernon started giving instructions. Claire raised her hand, and Mr vernon acknowledged her. "Sir, I know that this is detention but I don't think I'm supposed to be here." She says, hoping to be excused. He ignores her continues with the instructions. We were not: allowed to talk, move, or sleep. We were to write an essay on who we thought we are. I wasn't looking forward to this. I hate writing papers, I can do it but I hate it. The Vice Principal asked if there were any questions. The kid who had wolf whistled at me speaks up. "Yeah, I got a question, does Barry Manilow know you raided his wardrobe?" "I can give you the answer to that question,Mr Bender next Saturday." Mr Vernon replies. "Don't mess with the bull young man and you'll get the horns." Velma, Freddy,and I roll our eyes. The boy named Bender said something but I had tuned him out. We all start schluffing our coats and jackets, making ourselves comfortable for the next eight hours of misery. Next thing we knew, a girl wearing a black parka started biting her nails. It was loud and drew everyone's attention to her. She stopped for a second when she saw us all looking at her. Bender makes a snide remark about her nail biting and she spits her nail at him. He tells her that he's seen her around before and she hides in her jacket. I look at her in sympathy, poor thing she must be very shy. I pull out the book I had been reading it was called the sisters grimm. It was really good and I wanted to finish it. Freddy and Velma were also reading and Shaggy was looking around the room. The cute boy I had made eye contact with had made a hand football with his piece of paper and was entertaining himself with it. After a while, it's soon lunchtime and Vice Principal Vernon walks into the room and tells us to use the bathroom and get a drink if we hadn't brought one. Everyone used the bathroom and The cute boy and I were volunteered to get drinks. As we were walking down the hall way, the boy turns to me and introduces himself. I'm Andy Clark, what's your name." "I'm Daphne Blake, pleasure to meet you Mr Clark." Andy chuckles and says. "You don't have to call me Mr Clark, just Andy will do." I blush and smile back.'Gosh, he is adorable!' "Alright Andy, you can just call me Daphne." We chatted the rest of the way to the drink machine and back. By the time we got back, I had terrible crush on Andy and I think he might just have a crush on me too!