36

"Adam?"

I said and I still can't believe I've finally seen him. I've wanted to see him for years, and now that I have, I'm grateful. I hugged him and he just stared at me, perplexed. I couldn't resist hugging him. I felt his warm body as I hugged him tightly and dip my face onto his chest while crying.

"Adam, I am delighted to see you again," I murmured, smiling as tears streamed down my face.

"Who are you?" he inquired abruptly.

I let go of hugging him, both perplexed and astonished. I then took a step back and stared at his strange glances.

"How did you figure out what my name was? What's your name?" Adam inquired again, perplexed.

"Yhe-" "It's me, Yhe-" I couldn't keep repeating my name because I remembered the rules Louiselle had told me.

He questioned again, "Yhe?" with a puzzled expression on his face.

Suddenly, my vision went hazy.

"Are you all right?" Adam inquired, his voice was tinged with concern.

"I-I'm OK, Adam," I responded.

Then I collapsed into his arms. 

The fog increased again, and all I could do was smile and raise my gaze to him before collapsing from tiredness.

I gently opened my eyes, realizing that I was in a bedroom. From the bed I was in, I could smell the strong male scent.

"You're awake," he said and I turned to my side and saw him approaching with a cup in his hand.

He's dressed casually in a white shirt and pajamas, with white socks. I then saw his hair was a little unkempt. I believe he had just awoken.

"What happened?" As I rubbed my temples, I inquired.

He took a sip of his coffee and looked at me as he added, "You abruptly fainted yesterday."

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I inquired, chuckling as I observed his inquiring gaze at me.

"I'll question you straight to the point," he remarked as he sat next to me in a chair. He didn't seem to be able to take his gaze away from me.

"I'm intrigued as to why you know my name, here, everybody calls me Isaac," he explained.

"I know you, Adam Isaac Alric," I responded, staring right into his eyes.

"Tell me why you know my name," he replied, his face solemn as he stared at me.

"Because I know you," I explained.

"That is not the answer I am looking for, Miss," he stated.

"That's the only answer I have," I answered, raising one eyebrow in his direction and trying not to chuckle. It still upsets me that he doesn't remember me, in fact, it hurts that all of our memories vanished like a bubble.

"I heard earlier that a time traveler was stranded here," he explained, as I stared at him, my eyes widened. "Who'd have guessed the criminal they're seeking for is hiding in my home? Are you from the third millennium, Miss? Based on your appearance, I think you are," he smirked and stared at me as if he already had my life in his hands.