Chapter 2 -Last hope?-

Alfred was now far away from his house, searching for the person who he held close to his heart: Matthew. To Alfred, he'd thought that he had searched every place within his limits, but little did he know... It was right in front of him this whole time. The place that he didn't search: the forest.

Alfred had been walking around for countless hours, not caring that it was late at night. "there's no way he could be in the forest, it's too dangerous for him..." He sighed, standing in front of the forest and staring deep into the dark depths "but... Maybe I'm wrong..." Alfred said, hesitating and finally steeping into the forest after all these years of searching. "I'll find you, I swear"

Matthew was sitting on the roof of his 'house', looking up at the moon and grinning. He held a knife and fiddled with the blade, eventually holding it up to the moon and chuckling softly "I can get used to this... Heck, i already have" he giggled, putting the knife down by his side and looking away from the moon. He stood up and stretched, crouching by the edge of the roof and staring at the lifeless Forrest. He couldn't help but laugh, grasping the knife tightly.

After spending nearly two hours in the forest, Alfred started to notice the trees thinning out, which signalised that he was coming to the end of the lifeless woodland. "Thank god," he sighed in relief "I hope I find something... This is my last hope..." He made it out of the forest, immediately freezing in ultimate surprise as the saw the house "h-how long has this been here...?" He asked himself, looking up at the house. He gasped as the moonlight illuminated the building, showing a brief outline of Matthew's crouched body on the roof.

Alfred squinted his eyes, looking closely at the outline and gasping slightly "is that...?" He gulped

"M-Matthew...?"