Changes

TW: depression, smoking, mention of drugs and addiction

Also, there is no information about the date of her birthday so let's imagine that it's in September
______________

Amelia woke up from the sound of her alarm letting her know it was 7:30 am. The room was cold, dark, and filled with the smell of rain that was pouring all night. The girl hid her head under the blanket without any desire to leave this bed today. She felt even more apathetic than usual as a result of an oxy hangover, she had a terrible headache in addition.

The school started at 8:30 and continued till 3:00. She hated school. Maybe if Mickey studied with her, she would be okay with going there every day but he went to a different one. Amelia didn't have friends there, she tried, really tried but every time she reached the point that called friends her straightforwardness would ruin everything. She had a mate there but they never saw each other except at school but that was okay. Mickey promised to introduce her to his friends at a party this Friday and she hoped she would celebrate her birthday with them next week.

"Amelia, you will be late," Carolyn rushed into the room and turned the light on getting a loud groan from her daughter after she exposed her covered face, "wake up."

The girl made an unhappy grimace and got up from the bed slowly going to the bathroom. She was barely walking because of the drugs that were still in her system and her mother couldn't miss that. Carolyn knew something was off but decided not to push it for now.

After the door to the bathroom closed, Amelia took her clothes off letting them fall onto the floor, and crawled into the shower. The hot water ran down her body until she finally warmed up and then she turned on the cold water to wake up.

She did that every morning, not always to wake up though. She liked the feeling when the cold like ice water drops fell onto her already hot body lightly burning it. Everyone told her that if you have depression you can't even get up from the bed but that was bullshit. Sometimes a person can do everything he usually does and feel like he is drowning. He can have good grades and be an excellent child while he is slowly losing himself.

Amelia was not a good child though but she never argued with her mother, only her sisters but they always were starting it first. She was a great student even though she never paid attention to teachers, she just made it work on tests somehow and always made her homework. She took a shower every morning, most likely because of that exact feeling of burning but she still did it. So if anyone looked at her, they would think she was a normal teenager with some issues while in the meantime the girl would be falling apart on the inside.

Amelia wrapped herself in a towel as she turned the water off and came back to her room. She put on her favorite black jeans, rainbow-striped turtleneck, and the black jacket she forgot to return Mickey last night. She put on her white sneakers and added a little perfume that smelled like apple and almond. Her hair was laying naturally and she finally brushed it. One more thing to mention, Amelia always dressed up to school or parties no matter what state she was in. So yes, everyone thought she was okay, and even though she was glad people weren't noticing she wanted so badly for someone to look into her soul like Mickey did. The problem was he didn't seem to care.

She took her backpack with books and her watch and headed downstairs. It was already 8:15 which meant she would probably be late. But on the other hand, she didn't have time to eat so she didn't have to forcefully put the food into her mouth. Amelia never had problems with eating, she just wasn't hungry while she was in a bad mood.

"Amelia, food," Carolyn yelled from the kitchen as the teen tried to make her way outside unnoticed.

"I will eat at school," Amelia said the first thing that popped up in her head.