Chapter 8

I looked around deeply confused.
"This is a HQ?" I asked. "It looks like a home in the sea."
"Kinda both." He replied.
I heard a cabinet slam and a boy, around my age, walked out of the kitchen. He has light brown hair and brown and red eyes. He is wearing a black and red shirt with jeans.
"Don't slam the cabinets!" My dad shouted sternly. He got up close to the boy's face. "Remember, this is MY home and you JUST live here."
"Nice to know, thanks. And hello by the way, wonderful, just wonderful to see you again."  The boy said, sarcastically. He looked at my father then at me. He immediately grabbed my hand and kissed the top of it looking at me.
"I'm Karter." He cutely stated.
"I'm Liviana." I replied pulling my hand away. "Don't touch me."
"You're the daughter of Lloyd I'm guessing? You act like him...a lot." He looked towards my dad and he glared back looking angry with Karter. "But that's cool. My father is Kai."
I looked towards my father then to the supposed person named Karter.
"You're dad works with my dad?" I asked.
"Yeah."
I was silent.
So...two of the ninja are evil? Weird...Well, not evil but...
"So, you finally joined the crew. Great! You look like you'll be able to help."
"With what?" I asked.
"With taking over Ninjago of course!"
"I don't know if I want to do that.." I replied.
"Karter..." My father started to say. He motioned with his eyes to Karter.
"Oh right!" Karter exclaimed as he grabbed onto my hand. I let go immediately.
"What are you doing?" I demanded. I hate when people hold my hands, ESPECIALLY when I have never MET them! I mean my dad was fine. I CHOSE to do that, but when people flat out don't ask...then..
"Oh, umm. Then follow me."
He opened a door and it led into a hall. I followed him. He shut the door behind us.
He strutted across the hall and opened a door.
"This...is your room." He said. I looked inside. There's a bed, and a dresser.
"Woah. This is more luxurious than the orphanage! You guys were waiting for me?" I asked.
"I mean, your dad REALLY was. He constantly talks and talks about you ALL the time saying how he was gonna take you home. I'm sure he told you this already but after your mother died-"
I stopped him, I already knew the story.
"I know." I muttered.
"I get it." He replied, sighing. "My mom and dad got a divorce right after my little sister was born. I was 1 ½. I never got to meet her. My parents got into a divorce because of what he and your dad and my dad's sister were doing with the whole villain thing. I'm 14 now...and I don't even remember who my mother is..."
I was quiet for a moment.
"Is your sister's name Kayleen?" I asked.
He stopped breathing it seemed like.
"Yes. Yes it is!"
"I met her today actually." I thought back to how I had completely ignored her. "They were gonna take me in. But...I sorta came with my dad."
Karter did a half smile.
"I'm happy you came here."
He reached out to my hands and I jerked away.
"Woah! No, no!" I shouted.
He sighed.
"Err, ok, then. Sorry."
We were both silent again. I looked around the room.
"Did you ever have a choice of whom you got to live with?" I asked.
Karter didn't reply for a moment.
"No. I never got the choice. I have lived under these walls for 10 years practically. Never got a choice to be a ninja or a villain. Or at least, maybe a normal kid. Did I get that? No." His eyes glowed a light red as he said that. "But of course I'm a villain. And I guess I'll be nothing else." He replied as he shrugged.
"I'm sorry you've had to live through that." I replied.
Wait, what did I just say? Why would I say sorry for something I didn't do?
"So...what do you do in your free time?" I asked.
A smirk crept upon his face.
"I'll show you. But first! Here!" He ran into my "bedroom" and gave me a black hoodie with strokes of green and black sweatpants.
"Put these on so you won't be seen."
I gave a questioning look but gave in.
I walked into the bedroom, slammed the door, and put them on.
I heard loud footsteps.
"Did you slam the door?" I heard my dad ask demandingly.
"No." Karter explained. "It was your beloved daughter."
Everything was quiet outside for a moment. I slipped the hoodie on over my head and put my light blond hair in a ponytail.
I heard a huff and footsteps going back down the hall. I stepped out.
"I'm ready." I said as I walked out.