Chapter 9

"Oh, it's you." I said as I looked at my father. "I thought you walked away to do whatever evil business you do." I started to bite my nails.

"No, I'm not doing that...today. Today, I'm getting to know you. And answer more questions."

I kept chewing my nails.

"Oh do you?" I questioned.

"Is that sass I hear?" He asked.

"Sure..."

He smiled.

"You're...definitely my daughter."

"Where is Karter?" I asked.

"With Kai. He needed Karter to do something? I don't know and don't really care. But anyways, let's go." He led me down the hall and into another room. There was a table inside with two chairs.

"Sit down." He ordered. I did as he told me and he sat down across from me.

He inspected me for a moment.

He mumbled something underneath his breath and then looked at me.

"You..have my side of genes."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Light blond hair, emerald green eyes...but, you have your mothers mouth." I stared at him puzzled.

"And...?" I ushered on.

"And that's cool."

He was quiet for a moment before he asked, "I want to answer your questions. Do you have any?"

Now I'm the one who is silent.

"I'm gonna be straightforward with this...What happened? Why did you turn into some bad guy when you were the good guy? Like, literally, the most NON-EVIL person in all of Ninjago!"

He leaned forward and sighed.

"I'm not really the 'bad' guy." He whispered.

I stared at him.

"Yeah, ummm, did you just forget that you destroyed a WHOLE ENTIRE DANG CITY!?"

"Of course I didn't forget!" He replied. He leaned back into his chair. "Though to understand, you must hear my side of the story."

My eyebrow shot up. "Oh really?"

"Everyone has their own side of the story! You can't just assume!"

"Hm ok, ok. Go on." I said.

"I'm not all the way...the bad guy." He started to say.

"You just said you were NOT the bad guy." I interrupted.

"Livi, listen. The team. You've heard of the ninja team right?"

I sighed. "Yes, long ago before the start of time blah blah blah, yada yada yada, Master Wu taught 6 ninja the ninja that protected Ninjago blah blah blah you were the destined green ninja and yeah. There was the master of Energy, Fire, Water, Earth, Lightning, and Ice. They went on dangerous missions stopping the evil Lord Garmadon. And...yeah." I replied. "Is that enough information?"

"Yes...that's enough."

"So?" I questioned.

"So, it's time for you to hear my story." He paused. "Right after our largest mission we had done, the team decided to take a break. We went our separate ways as we took the break. I didn't know what to do though, so I decided to go to the beach. I know, pretty random, but I had no other plans. I was hoping the break would stop so we could get back to our duties. A week passed and I went back to the monastery. Zane was there packing his things. I saw Cole, and Jay as well doing so. 'What are you doing?' I had asked. They all stared at me looking like I did something wrong. 'Look Lloyd, we don't want to hear your nonsense!' Cole had said. 'Yeah! You betrayed us!' Jay shouted. Zane looked at me angrily. I was dumbfounded. What had I done? We were on a break? Right? I went to Ninjago City Beach for my break. So...what had I done that was so bad? I stood there confused. 'What--what did I do?' I had asked. 'The woman you're dating!' Cole screamed. 'She's evil, she's not allowing ANY of our letters going through saying how YOU didn't want to see us!' 'Well, if I didn't want to see you, I would not be here!' I had replied. 'Lydia? She's the sweetest person in the universe! You must have had the wrong address! She came and saw me for ONE day! She would NEVER do anything like that!' I shouted back. At the same time Jay, Cole, and Zane all crossed their arms. 'You know you're lying!' Zane said. 'But I'm not!' 'Save it.' Jay had started to say. 'We don't want to hear your excuses!' All of them grabbed their luggage and walked out. Leaving me there alone."

I stared at my father confused.

"So they ditched you? What about Nya? Kai? What did they do?" I asked.

"Nya never ditched me." He began. "Nor did Kai. They stayed my friends, knowing that I had done nothing wrong nor did your mother. They didn't even know what was inside of the letter! And..I never and still don't know either! The three of them just left! I didn't do anything wrong!" He sighed. "I went to Lydia. I asked her and told her what had happened. She denied all of this saying how she would never do anything like it. I believed her, because I knew she would never lie, at least again. I dropped the whole ninja thing, with Kai and Nya by my side. Nya and Kai both supported me and my decisions. And no, the three of us aren't really evil, we're just trying to get revenge."

"But in an evil way?" I asked.

My father stopped.

"Look Livi!" He shouted. I slumped into my chair. He stood up. "Yes I'm evil, okay? But the only reason why is to stop those three idiots!"

I'm quiet. He walked to the door and began to open it.

"Ok then." I replied.

"But wait," He turned around and looked at me. "Is Mya...Nya...?" I asked. His eyes narrowed. "Yeah. She is." He again began to walk out the door once again. "Does that mean...she's okay?" I questioned. He stopped and didn't look at me. "Yes." And shut the door behind him leaving me alone in the room.

"She's okay." I repeated to myself. A wave of relief flooded over me. And no, I don't care about anyone, even if she cared about me, I just didn't want her dying...My attention turned back to the door as I heard shouts coming from the outside. Karter came stumbling in.

"Alright, alright man. Chill out."

He noticed me and stood up straight fixing his hair.

"Oh, hello." He said.

"Hi..." I replied.

Silence sealed the room.

"So...Liv? Uhhh...do you wanna, I don't know, get out of here?"

I stared at him.

"Seriously? A date? Listen man, I don't do dates. I don't do boyfriends either. So good luck tryna get to be my boyfriend."

"I never said date...but if you're uncomfortable, maybe we could explore the place? I can show you around?"

I rolled my eyes.

"This better not resemble a date."

"Oh no. It won't, I swear."

"We'll see..." I retorted.

Karter grinned as he opened the door for me and allowed me to walk out before him. I stand there motionless.

"What?" I questioned.

"I'm holding the door open for you!" He smiled a cheesy smile. I rolled my eyes once again.

"I can open a door by myself thank you."

I walked out through the door and Karter led.

__________________

To anyone who reads my fan-fictions, I am so sorry that I haven't posted for 3 weeks. 😅 I've just been so busy with stuff in real life to the point where I can barely post and sadly not get to do my creative writing as much. 😣 Anyways...I hope you enjoyed. 🙂 And thanks to anyone who reads my stuff, I appreciate it. 😄

~M