Chapter 10

He brought me into a dark hallway and pushed a door open.

"Here...is my research corner!" Karter exclaimed as he pushed me inside and shut the door behind us.

I looked around the room.

"This...is a bedroom." I replied.

"I know," He sighed. "But this is where I research stuff...a.k.a....the ninja!"

I just looked at him.

"Okay? Really, I don't know and don't care what you do." I retorted.

"Come on Liv-"

"Look Karter we just met! I don't know what you're trying to show me here and I don't care! I don't know anything! Because while YOU got to be with at least SOME of your family your whole life I've lived in an orphanage! And now that I'm actually somewhere where SOMEONE I'm related to, do you think I would want to help you figure out who the ninja are!? I.Don't.Care who they are and never will! Why the heck do you think that I'll help you when I just met you!" I shouted.

"I never said-" He began to say.

"Save it-" I interrupted. "I-let's just move on."

"I'm sorry..." Karter whispered.

I glared at him.

"All I wanted was to tell you that Mya is Nya, and she's okay..." He whispered under his breath.

"Wait what?" I asked. So my father wasn't lying! "Where is she!?" I demanded.

Karter grinned.

"I'll take you there."

He walked out the door and I followed him to another room that was close by.

"She's in there." He said more quietly.

I opened the door and peeped in. There she is sitting on her desk chair staring intently at her computer.

"Excuse me," I whispered. She turned around staring at me with shock clearly in her eyes.

"Liv?" She asked.

And before I could nod she jumped up and hugged me. I oddly hugged her back.

"You're safe!" She yelped.

I gazed up at her.

"You're safe." I replied in more of a silent tone. We let go of one another. She examined me from head to toe.

"You're on our side?" She asked.

"Our side?" I repeated. "So you're saying that you're on the side that...burned down the orphanage?"

She rocked back and forth on her feet without making eye contact with me.

"Well yes..."

"Why? Why are you guys doing this? To get revenge on 3 people? Why? Whyyyyy??"

"Didn't your father tell you why?"

"Well he did...but again he DIDN'T. Well I mean...he said something about a letter but I wanna know what was WITH the letter. Even though he said you don't know." I answered.

Ms. Mya, errrr, I mean, Nya rubbed her temples.

"Because Liv, all the things they are doing, is to get revenge on your father."

"That still doesn't make it okay for my-" I hesitated. "dad...to be burning down Ninjago as the 'bad guy'."

"I don't believe it's okay either." She replied. "But I also don't think what the ninja did to your family is right either."