“Good afternoon, ma'am was expecting you all

“Good afternoon, ma'am was expecting you all. Please follow me,” a young girl who looked to be an assistant of the person whom the couple had come to meet, escorted them towards the cabin.

Kavya Mehra and Ivaan Shah, the to be married couple were here to meet their wedding planner, along with Kavya's sister, Ameera Mehra. The trio had been waiting for one person to arrive but at last decided to enter without him and be punctual.

The young girl knocked the door before opening it for us to enter, she gave us a small smile before moving away from the cabin.

“Hello Mr. Shah and Ms. Mehra,” they heard a tough yet pleasant sound of the one and only, Anaysa Malhotra, currently a wedding planner who was on every bride's bucket list.

Ameera squealed looking at her role model while the couple shook their heads at her childishness while Anaysa had a nervous smile on her face, she wasn't people's person. The crowd never excited her, she liked to cocooned in the arms of her people even though her profession asked for the exact opposite.

And that's what excited her about her job, she loved challenges and this was one of them which she had conquered and made it her home.

“Good afternoon ma'am, big fan,” Ameera stumbled as she tried to form a sentence but still somehow made a short one.

Anaysa gave her a smile and looked at the couple of the hour, “Please take your seats, we can start with our discussions,”

“Yes sure, Ms. Malhotra,” Kavya replied as they took seats on the chairs in front of the working desk.

“Anaysa,” she said, asking them to call her by her first name. She liked being addressed by it and not by the surname of her family which was famous in the city for their business.

“So, let's start with the main things first, as per the information that I have received, it's an Indian wedding, right?” she asked just to confirm once.

“Yes!” Ivaan answered as he smiled at his fiancee.

“How would you prefer it to be? Big fat Indian wedding or a decent red wedding?” Even a decent Indian wedding would have approximately 600 people so it wouldn't be much decent but yes, a little compromise here and there is taken into consideration.

“We have decided to have a grand wedding with all rituals and customs but that would be a little private. You can't say much in private since we have 400 people approx but yeah.” Ivaan informed her.

“And then the reception would be grand as we would have everyone from our business circle and some important people,” Kavya continued.

“Okay, so basically everything is going to be magnificent, but the amount of guests would differ based on the rituals,” Anaysa noted. She liked to maintain her own notes and therefore didn't prefer having her assistant do the writing.

Anaysa looked into each and every wedding planner by her company even if she wasn't the main planner, she would be somehow involved in the process. It was something that all her clients admire, she didn't look at the status to decide whether she will plan their wedding or not.

“Next, thing is ….” as she was about to continue she was rudely interrupted by a loud voice, “Hey, sorry, sorry, I am late, I was stuck at office, had an urgent meeting,” Anaysa hated late comers but she had to hear with some of them.

“Mere bhai, thank god aa gaya, sahi time pe aaya, just basic baate hui hai, ab chal baith and help us in this !” Ivaan stood up and dragged the newcomer, while Kavya stood up and gave him a hug.

Anaysa tried to maintain her calm, she didn't look up and immediately got back to her topic once everyone was seated, “So as I was asking …”

“Sorry, but what's your name?” Ahh! Again she was stopped by the man who had entered a couple of minutes ago.

“Anaysa Malhotra, their wedding planner, now if you would let me continue,” she would sound arrogant to few people but that was her nature, she didn't like disturbance in her work else she was the most easy going person. Hearing her, the couple silently laughed at their best friend who had finally got someone who would ignore him.

“Yeah, sure but wouldn't it be rude if I don't introduce myself, Reyansh Oberoi, the groom's best friend.” he said looking into her bluish grey eyes and winked at her. He himself didn't know why he did that.

Anaysa totally ignored him and turned to Kavya and Ivaan, “What dates are you guys planning?”

“One week down, we start with the rituals,”

“That's too soon,” Anaysa exclaimed.

“We know but it's due to some personal reasons,” Ivaan told her.

“But …” Anaysa was about to protest because she needed time to organise everything.

“Anaysa, please don't deny, I know it will be difficult but please, we know you can do your magic and it would be successful,” Kavya requested with pleading eyes.

“Moreover, everyone from the family would coordinate and would work according to you, and I am there to help,” Reyansh said, inserting the last line cheekily making Anaysa narrow her eyes at him.

She sighed, “Okay fine, let's just then decide the venue and a theme for the decor, dresses would be according to the ritual and decor. We complete this today, and start immediately from tomorrow,”

Next two and half hours were spent discussing everything, right from the decorations to the food and dresses. Venue was not a problem as it was Mehra's ancestral haveli in the outskirts of the city. It was indeed hectic but as I said Anaysa liked challenges.

Beyond this discussion, there were two pairs of eyes constantly looking at each other, one trying to avoid while the other trying to gain attention, there was undeniable attraction but it was yet to be identified by the couple.

That's how everything started. A wedding. A wedding planner. And the groom's best friend. But it isn't as simple as it looks to be ...

_____________________________________________

Hey guys,

Here's the first chapter of Meant To be! What do you think about the story and couple ?

Your views on Anaysa and Reyansh ? Who's your favourite?

Thank you for all the love 🤍

Stay safe
Love, Aarohi ✨

Stay safeLove, Aarohi ✨