Last night did start a new friendship and also a new ritual

Last night did start a new friendship and also a new ritual. Reyansh Oberoi had finally made me his friend. Today morning, after breakfast, we had started with the cake tasting along with the couple. That's when Ivaan decided to tell me about ‘the date’ he was planning. 

Therefore, I was currently in the backyard deciding all the decorations for the date Ivaan wanted to have before getting married. He initially had planned it for a day before the wedding but the rituals didn't allow the groom and the bride to meet after the Haldi and it would also be pretty chaotic with all the guests. So we shifted the date for today as only family members were here and we could get them some privacy.

We all had assembled at 8 PM in the backyard and had decided to keep it basic as we didn't have a lot of material to decorate the place with. Just a white piece of cloth that we found in the storeroom and breakfast table. That was the only thing we had.

“Just set up a tent!” someone exclaimed as we were discussing what we could do.

Turning back I saw it was Reyansh who had given us a good idea. We could set up a tent but would have to make a quick run to the market to get some essentials.

“You are a savior! Backyard Camping is our theme, guys. Okay I want some to get wood for the bonfire and we need snacks for the couple. Reyansh, can we quickly go and bring some stuff from the market?”

“Umm yeah sure,” he said.

And that's how we are here, setting up the tent for the couple and decorating it with the lights and flowers we had got from the market. Nothing special but it did look beautiful, especially the white cloth which looked elegant in the night sky.

“I have texted Ivaan, he will be here with Kavya soon, so we all can leave the place and rest,” Reyansh informed us.

Everyone nodded their heads and moved to their place after a goodbye. I was about to move to my room but, “Wanna have coffee like yesterday?” Reyansh asked. I surprised myself by saying yes almost immediately and I am pretty sure Reyansh had a laugh about it in his head. Way to embarrass yourself, Anaysa!

We made our coffees and walked up to the roof. The weather was pretty much similar to yesterday, just a little more windy, making my hair flow in every direction. I took my hair tie which was wrapped around my wrist and was about to tie it. “They look good when open,” Reyansh muttered.

“Umm- thank you,” I told him, quite confused myself. I didn't tie them, just gathered them over one of my shoulders.

“So, this is our thing now? Coffee night on the terrace, ha?” he playfully asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders and replied, “I don't deny free coffee to anyone. And you aren't that bad a company as I thought, so yeah,”

“So I was annoying earlier?” he tried to sound offended, keyword ‘tried’.

“Anyone would if they met you the way I did for the first time, a latecomer and then a cheesy, flirt! If that's not annoying, then I don't know what is,” I laughed.

“Oh you mean to say, you like me now, honoured madam, really honoured,” he joked.

These meetings continued over the next whole week. Each night after I was done with my work and Reyansh with his groom's go to person duties, we would sit and chat about anything and everything!

Day 3

“So Ana,have my charms worked?” he winked at me while I just sat there saying nothing, thankful that he couldn't see me clearly in the darkness. I wasn't sure of how I felt, but the talks had surely changed my opinion about him.

“Your charms are practically non-existent to me,” I sassed out. We just sat there for hours and talked, flirted or whatever.

Day 4

“It's not happening, Rey! Everything is there in my head but I couldn't explain it properly!” I exclaimed.

“Anaysa, chill! You have the whole day, tomorrow, just sleep and think about whatever you need to tell the team with a fresh mind. Stressing out won't help,” he explained. Sangeet was done today and I had called for a quick meeting at night to discuss Mehendi decor.

I couldn't explain anything to them, I had the whole vision clear but no words. I guess Reyansh was right, I needed to think with a fresh mind. The Sangeet was hectic so it may have been due to the exhaustion.

Just a pep talk when I was tired with all the talk or just coming and sitting in silence, he understood me in just a week.

Quite cliché, I mean, who would know a person so well in this short period of time, but I think it was staying and helping each other around the whole time, made us real good friends. I don't know the path ahead but this short week filled with night talks and hectic schedule is something that I would surely not forget.

Day 5

We both sat there in silence. Calm and soothing. Something I liked. The bond had certainly changed, he wasn't that annoying guy anymore. I had understood that Reyansh Oberoi was the cool dude, laid back and loved to enjoy life.

“2 days more and we would be back to our routine life, Ana!” he said. And realisation struck us both, time had flown by and we wouldn't see each other after this wedding. He turned towards me and took my hands in his, joining them together.

We did not say anything else that night. Just sat there with entwined hands looking at the night ahead of us not even knowing when we both fell asleep with my head in his lap and his head on mine.

The morning sun rays shone on our faces waking both of us up and making us realise our position. We both stared into the other one's eyes and slowly lowered our vision to the lips. And in no time, my lips were on his, no hurry, just a calm and tender kiss filled with passion. I had no idea what was going to happen next but I didn't regret this. I had accepted my defeat in front of Reyansh Oberoi's charms.

_____________________________________________

Hey guys,

The story is nearing it's end. I don't know whether you all have liked the story or not, honestly I am satisfied with the outcome till now. I hope you all are too. Major twist coming up next, I hope you like it 😜

Thank you for all the love. Do vote and comment, it encourages a lot 🤍

Stay safe,
Love, Aarohi ✨

Stay safe,Love, Aarohi ✨