5.

A/N: OKAYYY. I DID NOT EXPECT TO TAKE SO LONG TO UPDATE A CHAPTER, BUT I'M GLAD TO ANNOUNCE THAT I'M BACK ON TRACK (HOPEFULLY). I LIKE HOW LEVI AND CATH'S RELATIONSHIP IS SLOWLY PROGRESSING. I TAKE A LOT OF MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCES TO THIS BOOK, AND THE CHARACTERS THAT I HOPE IT IS ENJOYABLE TO YOU, THE AUDIENCE.

ALSO- BEFORE I BEGIN- THE SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER, IDK WHY BUT I WAS LISTENING TO A PLAYLIST AS I WAS FINISHING THIS, BUT THE SONG AT 3:40 PERFECTLY SUMMED UP THIS CHAPTER :)

I'M GROWING FOND OF THE DEVELOPMENT FOR THIS STORY (dw- I already have the ending planned out) that it'll surely be bittersweet. Thank you for your constant comments in my works. It truly makes my day and pushes me to write more. It truly goes unnoticed.

-Andra

---------

After the short visit to the floral shop, Levi felt a bit clearer. He noticed that the girl that worked there was doing her best, and he appreciated that, but what he valued most was that she was willing to put as much effort into this project as he was. Judging by her quick behavior, Levi estimated that by working with her, this project should take no more than 7-10 days. Options for the flower arrangements were all set up, and a balloonist was reserved for the day of the event-and previous days prior-. According to the girl, the decorator was a known colleague of hers. And it didn't surprise Levi that flowers + balloons= joined work collaborations. Rather, he almost felt relieved to have some sort of advancement on the first day.

It felt productive.

"I don't care what she says, tell her that we don't sell that. And selling her a single cup of that syrup goes against our guidelines; if they were to drink that, they'll risk going into cardiac arrest." Grumbled Levi as he crossed his arms. Three times today his customers had asked him for ridiculous requests. Most of which were health code violations. "Listen, if you want that syrup I'll give you the name. It's called Vanilla Bean. You should be able to find them at a local Smart & Final." His patience went out the window when the woman with the obnoxiously pink Northface sweater began to raise her voice at him.

"Listen. I will not talk to you if you decide to speak to me or any of my associates this way. We will have no other option but to deny you service."

"YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!" The woman raised her voice even louder. Levi crossed his arms as he pointed to a nearby sign effortlessly with his nose. It read:

WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO DENY SERVICE

After a heavy tantrum and mentions that so-and-so's rights were taken away, Levi (with full composure), kicked her out. Once she was out of the shop, the rest of the associates and customers clapped. Levi simply huffed a breath of air before resuming his task. Just as if nothing happened.

"Someone's late." When Levi arrives to his shared apartment, he is mortified to find the kitchen a mess. Paper towels are on the floor, spilled soda is on the counter, a bar of butter melts on the side of the stove, and a stack of pots and dishes fill the sink. Levi exhales. "What.The.Hell.Happened.To.The.Kitchen."

"Oh that?" Furlan motions effortlessly to the mess. "I was doing a quick sci-fi cooking experiment. There's a girl named Sasha in my communications class that really likes potatoes-like insanely likes- and I was trying to-"

"I don't care about girls." Levi snapped. "Why the hell is my kitchen a mess."

"Well you see, I was trying to make her a dish, but I burnt the pot when I left to take a quick 5 minute Call of Duty video game brea-."

"-YOU LEFT THE STOVE UNWATCHED?"

"It seemed like a good idea back then! I swear! The butter was taking FOREVER to cook, I just had to- wait, what are you doing?"