Chapter 3 a new beginning.

Warmth that is all I feel right now, I feel vulnerable and small and there is something wrapped around my body. My eyelids feel heavy as I open them, A bright light burns my eyes. I close them and wait a little then I open them again, and gasp in shock as I look around me. I'm in what looks to be a baby crib. I frown confused on why I would be in one when I look down at my body. Small chubby limbs greet my sight I have a baby body now, I think back to the last thing I remember and shiver in fear. I had just DIED and now suddenly I'm alive again! Have I just been reincarnated? I wiggle around a little until I bump up against something I look to my left and see a plushy. I pick it up and see it's a Pikachu plushy wow whoever chose this plushy for me has good taste in Pokémon merchandise. I hear footsteps approaching me and then the door to the room I'm in opens. A lady with blonde hair with purple streaks? walks in and a man with light fluffy brown hair and blue streaks walks in behind her. They walk over to my crib and the lady picks me up "how is our baby girl doing today" she says while cradling me to her chest. I try to say something to her and force my voice box to work and all I achieve is a baby gurgle. 

She smiles gently down at me while the man leans over and gently kisses my cheek. I frown a little at that and he just keeps smiling at me. "Maybe we can introduce Erity to one of our new small friends" he said to the lady. She nodded while looking glad and I just thought about the name I heard them say. Erity that name means blessing or special one in Japanese, doesn't it? So that means these people and now me I guess are Japanese. I smile slightly as I realize something, well I always wanted to go to Japan so I kind of got my wish. Also, my new name has a better meaning then my old one. I felt a tap on my nose which made me stop thinking I looked up at who tapped me. It was the man with light brown hair with blue streaks. I look around me and see that we aren't in the room I woke up in anymore but in what must be the lounge room. The lady then sits down on the rug in the middle of the room, with me in her lap. The man follows suit and sits across from us and takes out IS THAT A POKEBALL! Wow that thing looks so real and that button on it looks like it's actually clickable. 

"Ok Erity is all comfy in my lap now, you can let her out now Riku" the lady say's to the man now known as Riku. He grins and clicks the pokeball which enlarges in his hand, then opens shooting a red beam of light. The light lands in front of me and forms into a Riolu, I gasp so hard I feel like I may have swallowed my lungs. The Riolu blinks her light red eyes and looks at me. she smiles at the sight of me and slowly walks up to where I am sitting. She stops in front of me and stands still. I breath in deep before I fangirl and slowly bring my hand out and touch the top of her head gently stroking it. I sigh at the fluffiness of her fur and add my second hand into stroking the Riolu. The lady holds my body up for me, so I don't fall over. "I'm glad to see your enjoying yourself" I hear the Pokémon say! I widen my eyes in surprise and quickly retract my hands. My brow furrows as I think on why her voice sounds so familiar. I then tentatively say to her "Annie...is that you"? I ask her confused. She nods her head as she smiles, and I gape in wonder "how are you here Annie I thought I was the only one that died".  She then frowns slightly as she sits down, and I go back to petting her on the head.

She looks at me with sadness in her eyes. "Not long after you died, I received a message from my dad saying to come home. When I got there, he was drunk like normal but more enraged than usual."  Annie said while holding back tears. I frowned in thought already guessing what happened next "so what did he do"? I asked. "He started yelling at me and hit me with a beer bottle he was holding. It smashed into my head, and I was knocked unconscious and when I woke up next, I was a Pokémon" she replied. I instantly reach out and hug her to comfort her as I say, "he didn't deserve you as a daughter I hope he gets what's coming to him for what he did to you". Annie nodded her head in agreement with me. "Oh, honey look she is already friends with little Riolu here" My new mum said. My dad smiled and said, "They look so adorable cuddling each other Hikari". So, my mums name is Hikari what a nice name I think to myself. 

Time skip~ 

I am now 10 years old and can start my Pokémon journey. I am so excited to pick my starter and make a lot of new Pokémon friends. It turns out I was born in the same town Ash Ketchum was which is pallet town in the Kanto region. Also, the rules are different to the game and anime. Instead of only being able to carry 6 Pokémon at a time you can carry an unlimited amount but your only allowed to use 6 Pokémon in battles against trainers and gym leaders. So that it's fair for everyone in case you have to many high leveled and/or strong Pokémon. Also, it's safer this way when there's an emergency or you're in danger you will always have back up Pokémon to protect you. I also found out Ash Ketchum is my age, but he is more sensible and more knowledgeable about Pokémon. I befriended him and we decided we will travel together on our journey. The kids that are starting their journeys today are me, Ash, Garry Oak, and a girl named Fern. 

"Hey Ash, what Pokémon are you going to choose" I asked as we were walking to Professor Oaks laboratory. He furrowed his eyebrows in thought for a moment before replying. "I would like either a Bulbasaur because it's a dual type of grass and poison or that new Pikachu the professor caught recently". I smiled and said " I think those are great choices, but I personally think the Pikachu would suit you more with its electrifying personality" I giggled while winking at him. He laughed and said, "ok just because last time I saw Pikachu and hugged him without asking because he was too cute and zapped me doesn't mean you can keep saying terrible electric puns". I put my hands up in surrender and said, "ok I'll stop, but you gotta admit they are pretty funny". He slowly shook his head while laughing and replied, "yeah I guess they are funny". I opened the door to the laboratory and stepped inside with Ash right behind me.

I finally finished this chapter and edited a few of the previous chapters so they would be easier to read and understand. (My younger self was not that good at editing LOL) Anyway I hope you readers enjoyed this chapter. The next one will be about choosing a starter Pokémon and the characters making their way to the next city. I hope you all have a great day and remember when life gives you lemon you squeeze it back into life's eyes Haha.