Chapter 34

Francy's p.o.v

I didn't even see when Elric managed to drive from his place all the way to my neighborhood, down my street and park in front of my house.

I was so in thought, I automatically left the car and headed inside. The house was exactly as I had left it. Except maybe it was cleaner. I knew Mom and Dad were at work so I just kicked my sandals off in the hall and walked into the living room. God, I missed home.

I suddenly heard Dorian meow and he walked out of the kitchen, probably hoping whoever was home would give him attention. Then he saw me and meowed even louder.

I scooped him up and hugged him.

Momo and Pierre rushed over and soon as they heard Dorian and they wrapped around my legs. It was a parade of joy for my babies.

Elric picked them up and we headed to my room.

I threw myself on my bed and Elric threw the cats next to me.I started cuddling and playing around with them. They were all in pet me mood.

I missed my babies so much. I missed the smell of my room, the fluffy pillows, the pink decor, the small details that made my room cozy.

"I'm gonna grab something to drink from the kitchen. Should I get you something?" Elric asked.

"Water is fine." I answered.

Ugh.. I can barely say a word without thinking back on Halo's words.

He came back with a glass of water for me and cold tea for him.

I took a sip of the cold water washing down my parched throat and then left the water on the nightstand.

Elric sat down on the bed, leaning on one arm and then held the glass with the other. His dark hair was falling on each side of his head, outgrown probably because he was too lazy to cut it. He was wearing dark shorts and a black shirt even in summer. The bracelet I gave him for Christmas was on his hand unmoved, along with a few rings on his fingers.

As he brought the glass up to drink from it , his bicep tightened.

Oh yeah, it was clear why other girls would go for him.

I let go of Momo and sighed.

"How many girls did you date before me?" I asked.

Elric choked on the tea.

He wiped his mouth with his wrist and looked at me.

"Why..this question..now?"

I liked to think I could ask Elric anything. I usually did. The "his past" topic never came up, but I didn't want to pry if he wasn't ready to tell me.

There was only one topic I had no intention of hearing and that was his dating past.

I told him. Unless one of your exes shows up before us I don't want to know anything.

And life was great.

But now I was curious. Did he ever date someone like me? Did he use to date girls that understood his past and his work?

"How many did you date?" I asked again. "What kind of girls did you date?

"I didn't date anyone seriously.. Umm. just uh.."He was perplexed if he was using the right tone and the right words.

"And you slept with them? What were they like? What did you like about them?" I asked.

He rubbed his forehead anxiously and then placed the glass on the nightstand.