6: Without Anyone

Natsu's POV

I watched as this blue-haired twerp struggled to keep her healing magic circle up. She's so weak, she can't even heal someone without crying.

She placed two fingers on my forehead for a good few minutes in silence. Well? I said to myself. She broke the silence by breathing through her sudden smile, "You're all good now, Natsu-san." She stood up onto her feet and held out her hand to help me up.

"Thank god," Lucy mumbled as she approached us. "Thank you so much, Wendy."

Wendy nodded her head, but I felt Lucy's stare from behind me. "You're not going to thank her, Natsu?" She said nervously. I looked her with my signature 'Why-the-fuck' expression.

"No. Why?" I said casually. I could feel an aura of sulk coming from Wendy's direction. I shrug it off and start walking towards the door, shooting glares at everyone along the way.

"Hey..." I said, staring through the door. "It's so fucking dark outside. The healing only took 5 minutes!" I yell into the darkness, taking my rage out.

"Uhm.. Natsu-san," Wendy's chipmunk voice wavered from the opposite direction. "My magic just made it seem like it took a few minutes, it's actually been hou-"

"What?!" I scream, interrupting her as I grab the collar of her dress. "Where the hell am I supposed to sleep?! There's no way I'm sleeping in this hell hole!"

"Natsu!" Lucy screamed as she pulled me away as Gray did to Wendy.

"Natsu..." She repeated with a sigh. "You'll stay at my house. I'll let you have the bed and I'll sleep on the flo-"

She was interrupted by a retarded blue-haired demon. "Idiot!" Levy screamed pushing Lucy aside. "YOU'RE staying with me. There's no way I'll let you be alone with Lucy!" She ranted as all I did in response was glare at her annoyance.

"No." Lucy said solemnly, eying the floor. "You think that there would be a chance that I'll leave Natsu with you, Levy?"

"Fine." Levy grunted, crossing her arms. "We'll have this both ways. Lucy, the three us can go to your place. I'll lock Natsu up on the wall in chains and we'll just wait till he dies. Simple."

"Fuck off." I growled.

"We're not going to do that, Natsu." She stated innocently as he grabbed my arm. "Lets go."

<><><><><><><>

Lucy's POV

"I hate you."

"I'll beat your ass."

"Guys!" I scowl at the two as I unlock the door to my apartment. "Be quiet! And Natsu, just to let you know, if you beat Levy's ass then I'm kicking you out."

He sighed as I lead the both of them into my apartment, which was still messy from my unexpected lateness this morning.

"Okay.." Levy began, breathing in, "Natsu, sleep in the bathtub!" She burst out, shoving him into the open bathroom.

"What the hell?! Why me?!" He screamed, treating the bathroom like it was the darkness of the world.

"Why would I let you sleep in the same room of the girl you're planning to kill? I'm going to protect my best friend and keep you away from her!" She declared, pushing me onto my bed with her.

"Fine." He grumbled as he reluctantly closed the door behind him as he walked into the bathroom.

"See?! He just admitted that he wanted to kill you, Lu-chan!!" Levy pestered, poking at my sleeve.

I sighed, annoyed, "Goodnight, Levy-chan."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

It's 5 o'clock in the morning. I can't sleep at all. I lie here on my bed scrolling through my news feed with Levy snoring behind me.

My eyes open wide as I scroll upon a news article. I click on the link and read,

January 5th, x784, police found the body of Sorano "Angel" Aguria dead, deposited in a river in Magnolia. According to the autopsy, Aguria died on January 2nd by a powerful blast of fire. Detectives still have yet to discover if it was fire blasted from a powerful Mage.

This has been the 4th body found of mages that weld the magic of Celestial Spirits in the past week. I caution all mages to stay safe.

I shut my cellphone off immediately after reading the article. I held my keys tight and close to me. At this moment, I have all the 12 Golden Zodiac Keys. I remember right before these deaths started occurring, a younger girl named Yukino gave me all of her keys before she fled from Fiore. I'm not safe.. I'm..

"FUCK!" Natsu boomed from the bathroom as I heard the sound of breaking glass. Terrified, I quickly stumbled out of the bed and opened the door to the bathroom to see the medicine closet wide open with the bottles of remedies and potions shattered and spread out all over the floor.

"Natsu..?" I said, still stunned at what was in my sight. "Why.... What happened?"

"N-nothing!" He screamed, quickly sweeping up the glass and throwing it in the trash can. "It was.. An accident!! I swear!!" He whisper-screamed desperately.

I poked my head out of the bathroom door to check on Levy, who seemed to be asleep throughout all of the yelling. "Thank god..." I whispered to myself.

"Luce..." He mumbled, but he caught himself, "I-I mean Lucy-"

"No," I interrupted him, "Call me that, I don't mind."

He blushed and continued, "Luce. Uhm.. I think I should tell you this but... Can I kill Levy?"

I stood there in silence as Natsu just stared at me as I stated back. What the hell? "What?! No!"

"Thought so." He sighed in defeat. He leaned on the windowsill as the sunrise captured his onyx eyes and let them sparkle. The wind blew in his hair and made his pink spikes sway with it. It's like a screencap of a hero.

"Natsu." I called his name abruptly. "I... Want to go on a job with you."

He looked at me with his eyes wide open, "Really? For what? Where?"

I smiled and continued, "I accepted it before I found you. It was located in Hargeon. We're to kill a Vulcan, and I think it should be easy work with the two of our heads in the game, right?"

He nodded. "But.. I really don't want to go with Levy. She's your partner right?"

I looked at the tiled ground feeling a little embarrassed. "N-no.. Remember? I don't have a partner.. We can go together though.. Without Levy!....... Without anyone else.."

He smirked and grabbed onto my arm. "Well? Let's go then!" He led me to tip-toe out of my room. But surely after, we were off into our journey.