7: Distraction

Yoo, HammyKow here.

IM HERE WITH AN ACTUAL CHAPTER NOW WOOT!

 I'm gonna be really surprised if anyone still has this on their reading lists lol. I stopped writing this chapter after a year and it's really cringey to re-read and like... Yeah. Tbh  I don't watch Fairy Tail anymore.. Or anime, for that matter. But I still like to write and even if it may be the worst thing to read imma try to keep this up, Thaanks~  Now here's a chapter that was due a year ago. Enjoy.

Lucy's POV

The two of us sat down on two seat on the train. I can tell Natsu's trying to maintain his happiness before the train moves. His smile is beaming everywhere, it makes me wish that he could smile more.

His smile slowly faded back into a neutral phase. "Is something wrong, Lucy?"

I snapped out of my daze and caught myself staring at Natsu like how I look at food. "Nothing.. Sorry."

His grin returned, but it was shortly before the train's gravity pulled him forward and Natsu's body quickly laid limp on the seat beside him. He's hopeless. I switched seats to the one in front of me- the one that Natsu's head is on. Gently, I rested his head onto my lap.

Is this what it's like to have a partner?

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Natsu's POV

"Natsu." A blonde ceslestial Mage's voice called out to me. I stared at her, doed-eyed. She stared back, but this time modifying it with a smile. "Come here. Natsu, I'm here to show you happiness!" He held out her hand as she walked across the golden grasslands to reach me. I held onto her hand but she let go of it. Instead she used her hands to wrap her arms around me. For the first time I felt warmth and bliss, and it was with her. "Natsu." She said again with her same voice. I nodded my head and she pulled away, "Wake up."

The grasslands and the image of her started disappearing from my sight. That's when I opened my eyes, panting for air.

"Natsu!" She said, lifting me from her lap. She started examining me, worry was plastered all over her face, "Are you okay?!"

I collected back my calm and silently sat up from Lucy's lap. "Nothing." I mumbled, rubbing my eyes.

"Sorry.." Her cheeks collected heat and quickly became red, "I.. Uh.. Shouldn't have woken you.."

I ignored her sentence and got myself off of the seat, "This is Hargeon, right?" I asked, just making sure. Lucy nodded her head casually as she walked in front of me.

She ran towards the town, obvious happiness through every step. "Sorry, I'm just so eager. This place brings back.. Memories. Doesn't it?" She turned back at me and grinned.

"Right.." I muttered, annoyed. "So, where are we gonna kick this Vulcan's ass?" I eagerly asked, throwing my fist into my palm.

"Ah, right. Last time I was here, I discovered it's at the other side of the town. If we want to get there soon, we might have to take a car or a wagon-"

"HELL NO!" I boomed, interrupting the blonde mage, "DON'T TORTURE ME AGAIN PLEASE! I WILL JUST THROW UP EVERYWHERE AN-"

"Natsu!" She barked, "Calm down! Now, how do you suppose we'll walk for an hour?"

My eyes sparkled as she said 'walk' "Can we? Please please please please-"

I felt a flick making contact with my forehead. "Jeez, Natsu. You're hopeless." She grumbled as she shook her head.