3: See you

Natsu's POV

DID I JUST SMILE?!

I'm not supposed to have any emotions in any way, yet I smile?

"It's the first time I've seen you smile, Natsu." Lucy grins as she reaches over to poke my cheeks.

I slap her hand away, "I did not." I lied.

She sighs with defeat and got up from the bed. "Oh well. Natsu, I'm going to visit you tomorrow around 9 AM, fine with you?" She asks politely.

"Whatever." I grumble.

"Don't be so moody.." She crosses her arms and started walking to the door, "Anyways, Natsu. I hope you feel better!" She gave me a toothy smile then shut the door behind her.

What's with her, seriously. She treats me like a little kid. Little does she know I'm the Raven Tail's best assassin! She'll learn the hard way, alright. When she falls to the ground and with her last bit of life, she'll see me laughing at her misery.

I have a great idea for a new kill plan...

<><><>The Next Day<><><>

Lucy's POV

"Hey, Natsu.." I say as I come through the door of his room. He's sleeping... I didn't come here for nothing, did I? Well, it's not like I'm going to be a creep and watch him sleep, I'm going to wait for him to wake up..

I tiptoe silently to the left side of his bed; where there was a desk of some sorts. It caught my eye, there was a bright blue beverage sitting in a cup with a ripped piece of paper lying beside it. Morbidly curious, I slid the paper closer to me and read:

Drink.

Why? Who would drink some random blue liquid out of nowhere? Oh well. I'm a Mage, I've been though all the troubles and curiosity. There should be no problem..

I wrap my fingers around the glass and lift it gently to my lips, tilting it slightly for the liquid to come closer to my mouth. At it comes closer, I realize that the smell of the substance burns my nose. Is this acid?

The blue beverage is now only an inch away from my face. While I wait, a start gazing around the room, it's dark, and only has one window which is covered by a singular curtain. My wandering eyes lay on Natsu. His eyes are open and him lips are curved into a smirk. What is he doing, creepily watching me drink something? Before the beverage can get any closer, I slam the glass back onto the wooden desk. "Hey! Natsu! You're awake?" I burst out loudly.

He suddenly has the look of failure written over his face, "Y-Yeah." He stammers, "I am."

"Great!" I cheer as I sit on the edge of his bed, "So, how do you feel?" I give him a warming smile as his expression remains still.

"I'm fine. I just really want to get out of here." He pouts with his arms crossed. Suddenly his lips curve into a smile. Not a warming smile. It's a smile that looks like he's about to do something really irrelevant. "Hey, Lucy.." He begins, "The nurse left that here," he points the blue beverage in the glass, "I think it was meant for you. Drink it, maybe?"

I shake my head, "No way. It burnt my nose. I doubt with anything that anybody is supposed to drink it. Even though it's labeled with 'drink'"

His look of failure comes back to him, "Aw, what a shame. You must of been thirsty."

I look at him in pity, "Natsu, I didn't really want to say this. But I think I shouldn't be here right now... I think I'll go." I pick up my bag from the floor and lift myself from the bed.

"W-Wait, Lucy!" He calls out, reaching over to grab my arm, preventing me to leave. "W-Why?!"

"Well.." I mumble, "I don't know. I kinda forced you into this friendship, but I don't know anything about you. You could be an undercover assassin, for all I know!" I glumly say with my eyes glued on the tiles below us.

"You know I would NEVER be an assassin!" He quavers. I start noticing some sweat coming from his forehead.
Is sitting in a bed all day making him tired?

"Well okay. I can trust you on that. You seem a little too sweet to be some killer." I giggle as I reach my hand up to Natsu's spiky hair; messing it up to my heart's intent.

Natsu slaps my hand away from his head, leaving me to yelp a little from the pain, "Don't call me sweet!" He hisses.

"Geez." I groan, "That was supposed to be a compliment."

"Can you get the nurse here?!" He demands as he flops back onto the mattress, "I just want the medication and then go back to freedom!" He pouts with his arms crossed.

"Alright. I'll see."

<><><><><><><><><><>

"Okay, Natsu Dragneel." The nurse says as she enters the room, "Your wound is too large to be able to leave the hospital." She explains.

"You think I care?!" He snaps back, arching an eyebrow, "I hate it here!"

"Dragneel, listen." The nurse insists, "Unless a Mage with the lost magic of healing can find their way to you, then there's no way you can leave." She implies, making herself sound clear.

"W-wait," I stammer, raising my arm out to indicate for them to stay silent, "Someone in my guild has the lost magic of healing!" I exclaim, finally feeling grateful. "If I can just get Natsu to Fairy Tail, then he can be healed of his wound."

"Really?!" Natsu cheers, evident that he's excited to finally leave.

"Alright, alright." The nurse groans, "Dragneel can leave. But if the healing fails, then I can't promise he can return back to this hospital."

We both nodded our heads in sync. "Here, Natsu." I say as I reach out me hand towards him, "Let's go!" We both smile simultaneously as his hand wraps around mine.