Moth x Elder!Reader ~ Company

[UNEDITED]

// FLUFF \\

Words: 846

-

2nd POV

A wonderous adventurer you were, staff in-hand, trekking through the grassy fields of Prairie as the butterflies cling onto your limbs as if they were made of soft flowers. You give a soft sigh before attempting to rid yourself from the glowing insects, their tingles becoming a hindrance to you. Nevertheless, they remained persistent despite your mini protests of waving them off, much to your dismay.  In the end you could only give them a sigh of defeat, deciding to recline yourself on the fields for the time-being after placing your staff down.

You were only simply hoping they would grow bored enough to leave you alone for some time. 

Despite your motivations, your eyes begin to flutter closed for a short moment as you bask in the warmth of the sunlight. The radiating heat rendering you to become rather sleepy even after exerting yourself to not doze off in the middle of the Prairie fields. That meant a hazard, especially for lonesome Elders like yourself and being vulnerable to these troublesome Children. 

Regardless, you listen intently to the soft winds, the sounds of other Sky Children playing among themselves-- possibly with the birds, and finally, rushing feet through the plains. You immediately grew concerned when you felt a light thump on your torso which caused you to shoot your eyes open. Straining your neck to look at the source, you're greeted with the sight of a small Child, their short hair swaying slightly when they tilt their head like a lost puppy. 

Your glowing eyes scrunch up in an act of expressing amusement, thinking the action was cute as you lightly pet the head of the Child. Despite their obvious appearance, you attempt to observe their wings to see their status.

"Ah. New-born?"  You thought to yourself after seeing the two stars on their cape. That's when you realised you were staring intently at the Child as they fumble around with their non-existent fingers. Another thing Elders and older spirits had a privilege for. You also then realised the butterflies had long left the scene, instead deciding to crowd the candles near the entrance of the cave below you. 

The Child still fumbled around nervously so you decided to speak up. 

"Are you lost? I can help you, if you wish for guidance." You said, voice sounding as if it was under a filter. Nevertheless, that seemed to catch their attention as they whisk their head right back to look at you, possibly in disbelief. Their eyes seemed to widen even more but that was most likely your mere imagination doing the job of emotional interpretation for you. You give them what appeared to be a smile as you lend them an open palm. Slowly but surely, their small mitt encases itself within your larger hand, yours grasping theirs softly since you actually had digits to control. You felt the Child reciprocate the action-- or at least, they made an attempt to, but you thought  it was heart-warming enough.

"I will name you.." You think to yourself. "..Neta. I believe it suits." You mention to the Child, standing to your full height as you clutch your staff in your other hand. They only tilt their head once more, likely confused. "It means 'seedling'. You are new-born, so I thought it fit." You continue to inform, eagerly awaiting their reaction. When they don't, you quickly speak up once more, worried you might have embarrassed them. 
"I can change it if you'd like? Y-you don't have to use it." 

Internally, you could feel the flick of your own two fingers for stumbling over your words. A feeling of dread overcomes your senses as you look away from the small Child who could only look on in persistent confusion. Few seconds pass until finally, they pat your arm-- again, attempted to. The height differences were rather extreme despite you being reasonably shorter than the rest of the Elders. 

You look down to see the Child nodding with a simple thumbs up with their unoccupied hand, the only gesture they could do due to their lack of fingers. You expel a sigh of relief, feeling your chest tingle from the anticipation earlier. 

"Ah, that's a relief. Okay, Neta." Out of nowhere, you effortlessly lift up the Child and place them onto your shoulder. Their surprise was not unwarranted as you thought you heard them make a squeak from the sudden invasion of space, wringing their short arms around your head. "My apologies. Do you wish to be let down?" 

Neta pauses before shaking their head. "Hang on tight then!" With that said, you jump off the field and pass by curious Children donned in colourful and unique capes. At least finally, you'd have someone to accompany you on your adventures. 

-

I try not to make my oneshots too long just so I have more time to make others. Anyway, I hope this was decent lol, thanks for reading!

Please point out any grammatical errors so I can fix them. ^^