Wasteland Elder x SkyKid!Reader ~ Rest

[UNEDITED]

// FLUFF \\

Words: 584

Wasteland Elder: Tsadi

-

2nd POV
The adrenaline pumping through your veins was enough to tire your whole being to the brink of passing out on the temple grounds. While training with the strongest Elder was a tiring experience, it would definitely be worth it in the long run.

"Would you like a break?" Tsadi inquires as he observes your hunching figure. You shake your head and return to your stance, clutching the light-weighted spear the Elder had given you to train with. "Remember what I told you. Take frequent-"

"I know, I know." You inevitably drop to the cold floor, cross-legged with the spear placed horizontally on your knees. "I'm sorry, I just wanted to learn a lot more from you today. I only have 30 more minutes so I didn't want to waste that." The Elder places his larger spear on the ground and mimics your position. Without a word, he watches as you try to catch your breath before responding a moment later.

"All is well, Child. But overexerting yourself is not only a bad habit, but the consequences will also hinder your capability to learn. We've talked about this." Tsadi reminds you, a small frown hidden behind his battle mask. "You are my apprentice. Of course I will teach you all there is to know. Do not forget there will always be a tomorrow." You pout at the latter. To say you were eager would be an understatement.

"But-!" The Elder interrupts you with a pat on the head. You groan in exasperation, but welcome the friendly gesture. "Can we still train for a bit? I got my rest." You ask the tall being, referring to the conversation you just had which allowed you to get most of your energy back. Tsadi tilts his head to imitate thinking, possibly to set you on edge for his answer. After a few agonising seconds, he nods.

You beam at that and immediately jump back up with your spear. The two of you continue from where you left off and spar for a while. Time seemed to pass by unironically fast, especially since you were so enthusiastic about training with the strongest Elder of all realms you know of.

"Ah, would you look at that." The Elder feigns surprise when he glances at his wrist. It was as if he had a watch since he taps the area with his other hand while also observing your reaction. You knew what he meant and you already dreaded the moment.

"Already?" You hunch over in disappointment, but then you suddenly remember Tsadi's words. "Oh well, there's always tomorrow." You give the Elder a smile, shrugging off your disappointment so you at least show that you memorised his words. The man chuckles and, once again, pats your head in a caring manner. "I'll see you tomorrow, sir." You respectfully bow at the Elder, walking towards the gate to place your spear down before turning to leave.

"I look forward to training you once more, [Y/N]." You pause at his words. He never referred to you with your real name; only the general term, 'Child.' To hear it come out of his mouth was a bit... odd, but definitely not unwelcome. You turn your head to Tsadi and give him another smile and a nod of acknowledgement.

"I as well, Tsadi."

He thought the same.

-

Please point out any grammatical errors so I can fix them, thank you!