Valley Elders x Elder!Reader ~ Troublesome

[UNEDITED]

// FLUFF \\

Words: 646

Valley Elder 1: Sah
Valley Elder 2: Mek
Forest Elder: Teth

-

2nd POV

To think you could stand a chance against the two horrendously tall Elders was almost a laughable thought to most. Even they knew not to mess with your shorter stature but here they were, taunting and practically poking their flimsy looking batons at your hardened cheek of what would be a mask. Or at least, one of them were. 

"Honestly Sah? You should stop being such a jerk sometimes." Said Mek as he sat on his baton-looking staff. You didn't think of questioning how that mushroom-head managed to sit perfectly still on the edge of his staff being placed at a precisely vertical angle. Either way, that wasn't what was bothering you at the moment. 

Sah continues to ram his staff into your mask, almost even managing to tilt it off balance for a second when he poked it at a certain angle. 

"Sah, I swear to Teth's almighty hammer--" You place a hand on his 'baton'. "If you don't stop  with your persistent jabbing, I will personally go and ask Teth for her staff and come and fight you in a match." The threat didn't seem to faze Sah as he continued to smile through his eyes-- or eye, you could never tell with his gravity-defying lump of hair.

"Hm. Bet." He bluntly states after a few seconds of registering your threat. You're taken by slight surprise when he suddenly backs away to give you your long-awaited personal space, thrusting the bottom his staff into the coliseum's floor as he continues not long after. "8pm, tomorrow then. I shall be waiting here, along with a guest to watch the show." You didn't know if you should feel excited, or absolutely flabbergasted. Since when could he decide the arrangement, and when did you ever say you meant it? Well, of course you did.

"W-wait, I never agreed to any of this." You gaze up at Sah in disbelief. That only seemed to shock him, and you could hear Mek sigh to himself as if he can't believe he's going to have to watch this happen for the hundredth time. 

"Oh my- are you telling me you're backing out?" The spikey-haired Elder feigns astonishment.
"[Y/N], one of the most courageous Elders in the universe? The one whose home resides in the Eye of Eden? I think not!" He suddenly jabs his staff into your forehead. "Did you hit your head against the wall, my friend?" 

"Excuse m-"

"Brother. I think that's enough for today." Mek slaps a careless hand on Sah's shoulder, receiving a side glare and a twitch on his end. "Go torment other Children, [Y/N]'s surely had enough by now just from your previous jabbing- ow." His brother had flicked his finger against Mek's forehead. 

"I do not recall asking for your input, Mushroom Head."

"Could you please stop talking like that?" 

The two then proceeded to go at each others' throats-- for how long, you didn't wish to find out. Instead, you brought along two other Children who willingly wanted to watch the commotion. Much to your surprise, they seemed to root for one or the other, often seeing either Sah or Mek swing their batons or whack the living daylights out of one another until the other goes unconscious. That still has yet to happen. 

They were both such a troublesome bunch, but it definitely made a good show for the Children. Though, you did wonder if what Sah meant of the match was true. You supposed only time will tell when you find out tomorrow evening. 

-

Reader was intended to be gender neutral and friends with the Elders. However, you can view Sah's dialogue as 'romantic' if you wish. 

Thanks for reading! Please point out any grammatical errors so I can fix them.