TWENTY-THREE

( 23 一 GETTING CAUGHT. )

Vida walked out clad in leggings and a sports bra. The expanse of bare skin definitely wasn't helping Clara think.

When Vida caught sight of her she immediately rolled her eyes, "Fuck off Clarissa, I'm not in the mood for your whining."

Ouch. The full name, the whining. Clara was almost positive she didn't whine. One the brightside, she hadn't been slapped yet.

"Can you just listen to me for a second?" Clara asked her. Vida waltzed right past her, not sparing a glance in Clara's direction. This time Clara rolled her eyes, she should have known she wouldn't make it easy.

Clara jogged slightly, just enough to fall in pace with Vida. "Vida we're going on an Op in a few days, and not a regular one. This isn't going to work if we aren't on the same page," Clara tried to reason with her.

"Oh thanks for the reminder, Pumpkin. I almost forgot," she replied sarcastically. Vida continued on, pushing past the doors Clara had entered only minutes earlier. She marched down the stairs with Clara not far behind. Vida was really starting to piss her off at this point, if she would just listen.

"Vida, what has got you so worked up? Okay, we kissed, big fucking deal. You made it pretty damn clear that it meant fuck all to you so why are you still so pissed. Just grow up and move on," Clara finally snapped. She was sick of Vida's shitty attitude.

They had reached a platform on the stairs, finally having a chance to stand on flat ground. Vida took this as her chance to pounce. She spun around to face Clara, a fierce glare painting her face.

"Well, what if it did?!" Vida screamed at Clara. The anger that was consuming Clara's thoughts clashed with sudden confusion.

"If what did?" Clara asked her, confused.

"That fucking kiss, what if it did mean something to me? It's been playing on repeat in my head for the past week and I'm sick of it, I can't get it out," she was pacing around the small space, her hands tangled up in her hair.

"Vida, you told me it meant nothing to you. Why wouldn't you just tell me that to begin with, we could have avoided all of this," Clara asked her, throwing her arms up in exasperation. Clara's anger was still very much apparent in her tone, Vida's too.

"Because I was scared, Clara, I was scared that you would desert me like everyone else has," Vida screamed at her. Vida looked like she had met her breaking point, words spewing out of her mouth before she could stop them.

"You can't just waltz into my life and start caring about me, that's not how it's supposed to work. And then, to make everything that much worse, you made me care about you too!"